ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Brent - Combined application in Jan/Feb

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

debz

NCS Brent - Combined application in Jan/Feb

Post by debz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:07 am

Hi Everyone,

I have applied though NCS Brent under their pilot scheme for the combo application on 10th Feb. The lady who took my application told that my case is very straight forward and would prolly be very quick. I had my biometrics done on 29th Feb but have not heard back anything ever since then. Really worried.

If you applied through NCS Brent (under pilot scheme) sometime in January/February, can you please share your date of application, date of biometrics, date of receiving the approval letter (if you have one already)? This can help me get some idea.

I know there is a separate thread for monthly timelines but many a times ppl don't post in there but just observe others.

Would really appreciate some help here.
Regards,
Debjani.

NAK79
Newly Registered

Re: NCS Brent - Combined application in Jan/Feb

Post by NAK79 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:40 am

Hi Debz

I have been told the same by Brent NCS with Combine application that your case is very straight forward but still it took four months to get an approval, So wait and don't get panic Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:06 am

There's also likely be a back-log due to the high level of BC applications submitted just before the fee increase.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tier1o

Post by tier1o » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 am

debz wrote: I had my biometrics done on 29th Feb but have not heard back anything ever since then. Really worried.
Too early to be honest. But you might get it soon, however, If I was you, I would have waited patiently.
NAK79 wrote:Hi Debz
I have been told the same by Brent NCS with Combine application that your case is very straight forward but still it took four months to get an approval, So wait and don't get panic Thanks
+1
Casa wrote:There's also likely be a back-log due to the high level of BC applications submitted just before the fee increase.
+1

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:01 pm

debz wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have applied though NCS Brent under their pilot scheme for the combo application on 10th Feb. The lady who took my application told that my case is very straight forward and would prolly be very quick. I had my biometrics done on 29th Feb but have not heard back anything ever since then. Really worried.

If you applied through NCS Brent (under pilot scheme) sometime in January/February, can you please share your date of application, date of biometrics, date of receiving the approval letter (if you have one already)? This can help me get some idea.

I know there is a separate thread for monthly timelines but many a times ppl don't post in there but just observe others.

Would really appreciate some help here.

Hi Debz,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I applied through NCS Brent (under pilot scheme) on Feb.10th. The lady who took my application also told me the same thing and even said she wished all applications were as good as mine since there was no mistakes or errors and it hardly took her any time to check through it. I and had my biometrics done on Feb 26th and have not heard back since. I may be mistaken but it seems as if many of the normal applications are being processed more quickly than the combined ones unlike a couple of months back when it was the other way around.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi Debz, Sofiathefirst,

I applied along with my husband and daughter through NCS Brent under the new pilot scheme

We applied on February 15, 2016 and Biometrics on February 27,2016 still waiting .

Might be they are treating our application as joint application and that's the reason they are taking time.

Many applicant applied after us and got approval

Hopefully we all Feb 2016 applicants will get the approvals soon.

debz

Post by debz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:08 am

NAK79 – OMG, it took you 4months!! :shock: When did you apply? Brent?

Casa – Very difficult to deduce what could be causing this delay. I have heard/read of many cases (out of which few are colleagues’ friends) who had applied from various parts of UK in Jan/Feb under pilot/non-pilot scheme and are even done with their ceremony. One case was thru NCS Brent (combo appl.. similar case as mine), he applied 10 days after me and is even done with the ceremony.

Sofiathefirst – rofl.. looks like they say the same thing to people.. I was even told that max within 6 weeks it should be sorted. I had initially booked normal NCS appo (at other council near my workplace) for 29th Jan. After hearing impressive timeline instances of the pilot scheme I got tempted; cancelled that appointment and took this one. Btw, please PM me or update here as soon as you get the letter (both of us applied on the same day, same NCS and same scheme, therefore inquisitive).

All – Now that I know there are others sailing on the same boat, I can relax a bit :P Thanks..

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:32 pm

debz wrote:NAK79 – OMG, it took you 4months!! :shock: When did you apply? Brent?

Casa – Very difficult to deduce what could be causing this delay. I have heard/read of many cases (out of which few are colleagues’ friends) who had applied from various parts of UK in Jan/Feb under pilot/non-pilot scheme and are even done with their ceremony. One case was thru NCS Brent (combo appl.. similar case as mine), he applied 10 days after me and is even done with the ceremony.

Sofiathefirst – rofl.. looks like they say the same thing to people.. I was even told that max within 6 weeks it should be sorted. I had initially booked normal NCS appo (at other council near my workplace) for 29th Jan. After hearing impressive timeline instances of the pilot scheme I got tempted; cancelled that appointment and took this one. Btw, please PM me or update here as soon as you get the letter (both of us applied on the same day, same NCS and same scheme, therefore inquisitive).

All – Now that I know there are others sailing on the same boat, I can relax a bit :P Thanks..
Hi Debz,
I've been trying to pm you to let you know that I've received my approval today, however the messages are for some reason stuck in the outbox and won't go through.

I hope that you have received yours as well. If you haven't yet, hopefully you should be receiving it any day, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes
Sofiathefirst

debz

Post by debz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:40 am

Sofiathefirst wrote:
Hi Debz,
I've been trying to pm you to let you know that I've received my approval today, however the messages are for some reason stuck in the outbox and won't go through.

I hope that you have received yours as well. If you haven't yet, hopefully you should be receiving it any day, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes
Sofiathefirst
Hey thanks so much for trying to update me. Yes, today I got my approval letter too. Sent a detailed PM in response to yours. Please check.

Cheers,
Debz.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 am

Just so that members are aware...PMs remain in the sender's outbox until they are read by the recipient.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.