ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by pacificislands » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Jumanufer,

Its just u said in ur post that ur wife get her invitation at 9:45 am april 26 now ur reply is she didnt get her fomal invitaion yet, what is the truth here? LOL

Flakie
Newly Registered

Post by Flakie » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:43 pm

@Pacificisland, it was Prospect who got the invitation and not Jumanufer.

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Prospect wrote:So I got my invitation letter for the April 26 ceremony 9:45am. Best of luck to all those waiting. Applied from NI 31st October 2015 , second stage letter 17th November 2015. Approval letter 14th January and invitation letter 7th April. Basis is Irish Spouse.

Hi Prospect,

When did u receievdd the formal invitation? Coz we are also waiting. Hope this week we will get that as well

Waisoo

Post by Waisoo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:43 am

Hello all ,
I just got confirmed for my ceremony times

Hi Xxxxxx

Your invitation has not yet issued. It is due to issue over the coming
days. You are scheduled to attend at 11.30am on 26/4/2016. Further details
will be contained on your invitation.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

You can ask about your formal invitation they will confirm the timings .. Hope it helps

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Waisoo wrote:Hello all ,
I just got confirmed for my ceremony times

Hi Xxxxxx

Your invitation has not yet issued. It is due to issue over the coming
days. You are scheduled to attend at 11.30am on 26/4/2016. Further details
will be contained on your invitation.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

My wife just got it
She has to register at 9.20 am and it will take 1 hour 45 minutes so to be over by 11 approx. Only one audult to be allowed so it seems I can't be there with out son!

You can ask about your formal invitation they will confirm the timings .. Hope it helps

erica123
Newly Registered

Post by erica123 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi

Would anyone know when are new approvals expected ?

Applied - November ,2015 , based on residency , 2nd stage in February
Update 15th March - advanced stage of processing,office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached..

erica

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Hey to all of you.

Anyone in this forum applied for citizenship under Irish association section 16 ( Irish kids ) ?

anyone have approval or rejection? the ones who been approved they lived over 5 years under stamp 4 in state or less ?

It says 3 years you can apply and my wife till now struggling no answer ?

Please advice guys !

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:08 pm

erica123 wrote:Hi

Would anyone know when are new approvals expected ?

Applied - November ,2015 , based on residency , 2nd stage in February
Update 15th March - advanced stage of processing,office will be in touch with you as soon as a decision has been reached..

erica
Approvals should start rolling out soon after the upcoming April Citizenship ceremony.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Rio29 wrote:Hey to all of you.

Anyone in this forum applied for citizenship under Irish association section 16 ( Irish kids ) ?

anyone have approval or rejection? the ones who been approved they lived over 5 years under stamp 4 in state or less ?

It says 3 years you can apply and my wife till now struggling no answer ?

Please advice guys !
i applied based on Irish association (blood relation to my Irish citizen children) and was initially refused after waiting for 15 months but I re=applied almost immediately and had to wait for another 14 months and finally got lucky with an approval. Based on my experience, applying for Irish citizenship based on Irish Association (Parent applying on blood association to Irish citizen child) is not advisable as your application could take for ever to get an approval. Your best bet is applying based on Irish Spouse - Marriage or 5 year Residency in the state. Good luck!

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:47 pm

True talk. :)

Where is kingdoman been for a very long time .I really missed him in this forum. Pls come and advise us as yr word is really encouraging. :) we missed u man

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:02 am

dublin777 wrote:True talk. :)

Where is kingdoman been for a very long time .I really missed him in this forum. Pls come and advise us as yr word is really encouraging. :) we missed u man
Thanks mate, I appreciate your kind words. Actually I was away from the state due to bereavement and only just got back last week. Wish everyone here the best of luck in their wait for an approval or an invite to the upcoming ceremony.

Ludmir67
Newly Registered

Post by Ludmir67 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:50 am

Hi All,
Just received my invitation to the ceremony this morning!
I have to attend to register at 11.50am.
The letter is dated 12th April which is yesterday so hopefully everyone will get theirs today or tomorrow!!!
Good luck

green2016

Post by green2016 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 am

Hi looks like the letters are being issued on time basis , I mean what time the appointment for naturalization is , I just compared it , the first letters that came out are of the ones that have appointment for after 9am and the next one's are after 11 am,

Does anyone know how many batches will be there for naturalization ? And what's the last batch time for naturalization ?

Thank you

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:32 pm

green2016 wrote:Hi looks like the letters are being issued on time basis , I mean what time the appointment for naturalization is , I just compared it , the first letters that came out are of the ones that have appointment for after 9am and the next one's are after 11 am,

Does anyone know how many batches will be there for naturalization ? And what's the last batch time for naturalization ?

Thank you
It's an average of 3 - 4 batches on the ceremony day depending on the total number of candidates listed for the day. If anyone has received an email before now stating the postponement of the ceremony date from 15th of April to the 26th of April will surely get their official invites in the posts latest this week. For us who got late approvals in March, we'll have to wait for the next citizenship ceremony sometimes in June or July.

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:46 pm

A friend who had got the letter of deferral of the ceremony got the invitation letter for 9.20 a.m. registration .

michaelshodipo66
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by michaelshodipo66 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:53 pm

KingdomMan, can you please explain fully to me with your knowledge of understanding the way they work.
the last letter i got from them was dated 12th October 2015.[/quote]
You may still need to furnish us here your detailed application timeline so one can give you the right suggestion. To the above letter, it means your application file just completed the process of Garda vetting and other departmental checks to ascertain if you've been of good character in the state and that you meet other statutory conditions. As it is, your file is with the FURTHER PROCESSING. LSR TEAM who'd compile and prepare a SUBMISSION on your case to the office of the Minister for Justice, recommending you for an approval for the grant of Naturalization certificate (Citizenship). Depending on your timeline and in my own opinion, it should now take between 1 - 3 months for you to get your approval all things being equal (barring any complexity). Good luck in your continued wait.[/quote][/quote]

NB:
I apply 12th May 2015 (received 14th 2015) Application base on (Irish Associate)
Acknowledge received 28th May 2015
Second stage letter Dated July 15th 2015 asking for document that i have submitted already. also for renewal of green card .
submitted August 21st 2015.
Asking for further document on previous offence and driving office 0f 2012, fine paid 2013.
last responsed received 12th October 2015.
Awaiting since....
And reply was received by email this morning, see the above email reply from them. what's did you think KingdomMan.[/quote]

Updated:
Letter dated 01/03/2016 - asking me to explained some details and about my uk incident of 2004 and 2009. which i have summitted and explained to them, also asking if am still working. and i have reply them back since 11/03/2016.
Today 13/04/2016 i wrote letter asking about status of my application and this the reply i got back today:

Mr,

Processing of your application is ongoing & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Division

Kingdomman kindly explain it to mean because i don't understand inis at all. am waiting reply from you.
Last edited by noajthan on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal info

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Updated:
Letter dated 01/03/2016 - asking me to explained some details and about my uk incident of 2004 and 2009. which i have summitted and explained to them, also asking if am still working. and i have reply them back since 11/03/2016.
Today 13/04/2016 i wrote letter asking about status of my application and this the reply i got back today:
Mr,

Processing of your application is ongoing & will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Division

Kingdomman kindly explain it to mean because i don't understand inis at all. am waiting reply from you.[/quote

In my own opinion, I think there's a deliberate delay in the process of your naturalisation application and this could be largely due to the UK incident of 2004 and 2009 you mentioned here and which the INIS queried you about. Hopefully it's not a major incident. If you don't min sharing, was it criminal or traffic incident? Your response will help shed more light to giving you a sound and genuine advise on the way forward in your application process. Waiting to read from you again.

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:39 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
green2016 wrote:Hi looks like the letters are being issued on time basis , I mean what time the appointment for naturalization is , I just compared it , the first letters that came out are of the ones that have appointment for after 9am and the next one's are after 11 am,

Thank you
It's an average of 3 - 4 batches on the ceremony day depending on the total number of candidates listed for the day. If anyone has received an email before now stating the postponement of the ceremony date from 15th of April to the 26th of April will surely get their official invites in the posts latest this week. For us who got late approvals in March, we'll have to wait for the next citizenship ceremony sometimes in June or July.
Hi do they normally put a ceremony in June / July?

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:41 pm

jumanufer wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:

Thank you
Hi do they normally put a ceremony in June / July?
Mostly, ceremonies are held 2 - 4 months intervals. It's just an estimated time following the trend in the past.

green2016

Post by green2016 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi kingdom man thank you for reply
Just to let you know I got approved in Feb first week
Card sent March second week
Did not get any letter regarding change of ceremony
Just got an email reply when I asked , that I will be getting a letter and for ... time for 26 the April ceremony

Regards
Green

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Welcome back kingdoman . Good to see yr comments here it gives me joy :) bicos they are always genuine and accurate . I almost thought u were one of the authority in the Department :) . Anyways.

Kingdoman can u pls advised people like me. How long couldt the LSR team hold yr file for before submitting it to the Minister? And how long can an application last for at most . Pls advise. Thank u.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:04 pm

green2016 wrote:Hi kingdom man thank you for reply
Just to let you know I got approved in Feb first week
Card sent March second week
Did not get any letter regarding change of ceremony
Just got an email reply when I asked , that I will be getting a letter and for ... time for 26 the April ceremony

Regards
Green
Lucky you mate, to have made the final listing for the 26th April ceremony.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:18 pm

dublin777 wrote:Welcome back kingdoman . Good to see yr comments here it gives me joy :) bicos they are always genuine and accurate . I almost thought u were one of the authority in the Department :) . Anyways.

Kingdoman can u pls advised people like me. How long couldt the LSR team hold yr file for before submitting it to the Minister? And how long can an application last for at most . Pls advise. Thank u.
Again, thanks for your kind words. The LSR team naturally prepares a submission on a file and then passes it on to the minister recommending for an approval. However in some cases, especially where there are adverse issues, they hold on to a file for as long as they deem it necessary I think (usually 6 - 12 months). A file with a straight forward case doesn't take more than a month or 2 with the LSR team before they finally foward to the minister for her approval.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:33 am

I got invitation letter yesterday. It is for 9.20 am.

Would like to thank everybody and specially KingdomMan for helping me throughout the process. Best of luck to everyone.

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi All.
@Jumanufer and Pixie12. I know I have the same timeline with you guys. Just an update that I called INIS today and the lady confirmed to me I am at the final stage. Good luck to us all waiting for approvals