ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some unusual questions regarding Naturalisation please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leavetoremain

Some unusual questions regarding Naturalisation please help

Post by leavetoremain » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:10 pm

I had submitted naturalisation applications via NCS for myself and my wife on 12.02.2016..

1. When we entered UK, we stayed in temporary accommodations for about 6 weeks before we found a suitable accommodation. I had completrly forgot to mention this in the AN forms in the address history section. Wondering if this would cause our applications to be refused.

2. I opened my limited company in November 2015. First VAT is due on 29.03.3016. Of course VAT will paid on time but wondering if HO will red flag if they check with HMRC before the due date and find that VAT was not paid.

3. In September 2013, I switched from Tier 2 ICT to General in country. However I started work with my new sponsor only in November 2013 due to 2 months notice period served with my old employer. During this notice period, we went outside UK for few weeks. Wondering if this would cause any problems with my naturalisation application as I had written employment start date as Payroll start date instead of the date on CoS.

4. I didn't attach UK NARIC certificate for my wife as we stupidly forgot to carry it athough we submitted print out of Poiints Based Calculator page. We got LR on 05.02.2015 and both PBS and UK Naric were attached when we filed for ILR. Wondering if this would cause problems.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Some unusual questions regarding Naturalisation please h

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:40 pm

1. Should be ok. You should have mentioned it though but I don't think it will be an issue. HO will write to you if they need additional information.

2. Should be ok, but not sure. HO do know how business practice works.

3. No issue.

4. Should be fine. HO will write if they need info or clarity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks mate for the quick reply.

My only concern is notice period served with old employer after getting new COS and Tier 2 G. I hope this is fine as many switch the same way.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Not an issue, HO knows that people have to serve notice periods and you had a valid visa so no break in your residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Bumping this slightly old thread to convey that my application was approved. Anyone who have such strange questions can use this thread as reference in future. 8)

jimmykahn28
Newly Registered

Post by jimmykahn28 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:15 pm

leavetoremain wrote:Bumping this slightly old thread to convey that my application was approved. Anyone who have such strange questions can use this thread as reference in future. 8)
Congratulations!!
I was wondering what option did you select for 1.46: Employed or Director or both and did you submit latest P60 or latest statement of account.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 am

I checked both Director and Employee. There is no need to submit P60s or anything from accountant or in fact anything employment related. It is worth mentioning your PAYE details including account office number, company UTR and SA UTR # to be as transparent as possible.