ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling any Filipinas.....need advice re: CFO Sticker

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

llp
Newly Registered

Calling any Filipinas.....need advice re: CFO Sticker

Post by llp » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi

I used to live in the Philippines with my g/f, then wife and we travelled around Asia without any problems, and when we got married she applied for CFO certificate so she could change her surname on her passport. However, she was not issued with a sticker as we were not planning to emigrate at that time.

In Dec 2014, we left Phils together, she only had a tourist Schengen visa, however, we flew to Singapore first and we had purchased a "throw-away" return ticket for two weeks later (so we didn't have to explain why we weren't coming back).

Arrived in Europe and she was issued with an Article 10 - Family Member of EU Citizen Residency Card.

Wife has now gone back to Phils for a vacation - no issues when arriving at the airport. Unfortunately, she had misplaced her CFO certificate, so went to their office for a replacement - again no problems, but was not issued with the CFO sticker, claiming it was not required as she is now an EU resident.

I know from experience that quite often in the Philippines, you will get told a different answer each time you ask the same question....so what I am looking for:

Are you a Filipina with EU Article 10 Residents Card, and CFO certificate, but NOT a sticker in your passport, and were you able to board your flight at NAIA without any problems

Many Thanks

LLP

noajthan

Re: Calling any Filipinas.....need advice re: CFO Sticker

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 pm

llp wrote:...

Wife has now gone back to Phils for a vacation - no issues when arriving at the airport. Unfortunately, she had misplaced her CFO certificate, so went to their office for a replacement - again no problems, but was not issued with the CFO sticker, claiming it was not required as she is now an EU resident.

I know from experience that quite often in the Philippines, you will get told a different answer each time you ask the same question....so what I am looking for:

Are you a Filipina with EU Article 10 Residents Card, and CFO certificate, but NOT a sticker in your passport, and were you able to board your flight at NAIA without any problems

Many Thanks

LLP
Probably a rather unique set of circumstances.

Have you tried calling embassy to ask about this vital matter?
(staff in London embassy can be knowledgeable and helpful).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

llp
Newly Registered

Post by llp » Thu May 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Thanks for the reply

My wife decided to go back to CFO office in Manila and spoke to the manager, who arranged for the Sticker to be attached to her passport, not really sure what the confusion was.

Anyway, she had no problems when leaving Manila.

Hope this is of use to someone else.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 20, 2016 8:38 am

Glad it worked out in the end.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.