ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English Language Requirement - April 2016

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vp23

New English Language Requirement - April 2016

Post by vp23 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Have just posed this gain under a new thread
Need guidance please.... just realized that there are changes on English requirements for British Citizenship.

I used the PBS and my UK Masters degree in ILR. Now that the PBS is no longer accepted do I need to get my UK degree approved by UK NAIRC ?

Similarly for my wife we used her India Graduate degree and PBS for ILR. Now what needs to be done ?

My NCS appointment is on the 22nd April.

Need help !!!

ashikuma
Newly Registered

Re: New English Language Requirement - April 2016

Post by ashikuma » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Yes I also saw it just now. Not sure whats the way forwrd now.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:44 pm

You are OK with a UK degree. See Q1 and Q3 in the English language FAQs for Settlement.(click)

It appears the Q3 for English language FAQs for Naturalization is still to be updated. [Request to moderators: can this please be updated]

Your wife will need an UK NARIC statement. However not sure if it is required again for Naturalization if already satisfied as part of her ILR application.

Also see text published on PBS Calculator page(click).
Cheers,
OR

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:05 am

Hi,

I needed a bit of urgent help as I have my naturalization application (through NCS) in a couple of days time i.e 14th April 2016.

Please note that I had met the English Language requirement as a part of my ILR application on 14th October 2014 (i.e after 28th October 2013). At the point of application, I had submitted my overseas MBA Degree.

Am I correct to say that I am exempt from proving the English Language Requirement, as per the guidance notes and requirement booklet for naturalization available on the Home Office Website.

Or is it that, as per the recent change, I also need to submit a UK NARIC Letter (Visa and Nationality) as a part of the application?

I do have a copy of UK NARIC Statement of Comparability - will it help?

Appreciate your prompt help here.

Regards,
Sumeet

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:41 pm

O_Relly wrote:You are OK with a UK degree. See Q1 and Q3 in the English language FAQs for Settlement.(click)

It appears the Q3 for English language FAQs for Naturalization is still to be updated. [Request to moderators: can this please be updated]

Your wife will need an UK NARIC statement. However not sure if it is required again for Naturalization if already satisfied as part of her ILR application.

Since when did "naturalisation" become subject to "immigration rules"? Is application for naturalisation an "immigration" application that confers leave to enter or remain in the UK?

Not sure why someone applying for naturalisation is being directed to read FAQs related to settlement! And that FAQs for naturalisation be updated because of changes in a process concerning "immigration" applications?

Read the current Gude AN. What does it state?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SHEKARPAL
Newly Registered

Post by SHEKARPAL » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello All,

I applied for Naturalisation on 11 April though NCS, and NCS executive cross checked with his superior regarding NARIC rule inforce from 6 th April, But as i had proved my English language requirement with PBS in my ILR application last year and got my ILR, They had no objection in processing my naturalisation application.

So if ever, used PBS calculator on or after 28 october 2013 and sucessfully got ILR, they can still use same PBS for naturalisation.

So just relax for now and good luck with the applications.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 pm

geriatrix wrote:
O_Relly wrote:You are OK with a UK degree. See Q1 and Q3 in the English language FAQs for Settlement.(click)

Since when did "naturalisation" become subject to "immigration rules"? Is application for naturalisation an "immigration" application that confers leave to enter or remain in the UK?

Not sure why someone applying for naturalisation is being directed to read FAQs related to settlement! And that FAQs for naturalisation be updated because of changes in a process concerning "immigration" applications?

Read the current Gude AN. What does it state?
OOPS! Apologies, for the incorrect advise to the OP.

The AN Guide in pg14 does state:
OR
• Your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1 . A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your
degree and the level of English
So the PBS calculator can still continue to be used for naturalisation applications whilst not for settlement. Sorry I hadn't realised this difference geriatrix. Apologies again and thanks for the correction.
Cheers,
OR

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 am

HI O_Relly,
Who ever proved English language requirement during ILR application after 28thOctober 2013, can select "• confirmation that you met the English language requirement, on or after 28th
October 2013, in order to obtain settlement
"

Please advice on this.

Regards,
Suresh

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Already advised, both in this topic and the FAQs. Please read.

Topic closed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!