ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naval1234
Mood:
India

Tier 2 Dependant query

Post by naval1234 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi All,

I'm getting married in next couple of weeks and will be applying for my wife's dependant visa after that from India (Tier 2 General dependant visa).

I just had couple of queries.

1. We have to fill up application online now. Is it possible for me to start filling up the form now or wait till we get married and then start filling up. I have not made an online account yet.

2. TB test is valid for 6 months. But also I've seen in the TB test certificate, it has a column for Relationship status (single married etc). Should I ask my wife to do that now and fill up single or should we do that after marriage and write married on it. If we do it now we wont have to wait after marriage and straight away apply for the appointment once we get the marriage certificate.

Thanks guys. this website has been really helpful for immigration advice!! :D :D

naval1234
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependant query

Post by naval1234 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi,

It would be really nice if someone could give a reply to my questions.

Thanks

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:37 pm

1. You can complete the form now. It does not matter when you complete it as long as her biometrics appointment is after your marriage and you have managed to get the marriage certificate by then.

2. :-) TB results will not change if someone is married or single. She can put the status as on that day. There is no requirement that a person should be married to get the TB test done.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:50 pm

Read below my expierence for Tier 2 dependent application

I hope this will help you

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 79795.html

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:22 am

Thank you guys for your reply. Really appreciate it.

I've noticed that a lot of people have been submitting there whatsapp chats and all the other stuff to substantiate their relationship. This is very odd. A few of my friends who applied for their dependants visa from India never submitted something like that!!

1 Can someone tell if its really important that I submit these things?
All I have is 100s of pages of whatsapp chat which is very personal.

2 Also my wife to be has only got a name but no surname in all her documents (even passport)
Am I ok to put her name in the surname/family name tab as well when registering and filling up the form?

Thanks in advance

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Anyone able to answer the above post?