ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment history in UK during past 10 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k_tier1

Employment history in UK during past 10 years

Post by k_tier1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm filling my Naturalization application form and will appreciate if one of the experts answer a couple of questions regarding the data to fill in the past employment history section(Form AN, Q1.50).

1. When submitting my successful (Tier 1(General)) extension application in 2013 and ILR application in 2015, I had two jobs but claimed 'Previous earnings' from only one employment to claim the required points and did not reveal anything about my 2nd employment in both these occasions. My question here is, if I write it in now what are the chances that a caseworker can apply 'fail to report' clause on my application?

2. I had an employment gap of about 6 months (2010/2011)between my Tier 1(General) initial and extension applications. Is it going to ruin my chances in anyway?

Thanks in advance.

noajthan

Re: Employment history in UK during past 10 years

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:19 pm

1) All jobs to be listed.
Material facts should not be suppressed or misrepresented.
Read the Declaration you need to confirm & sign for.

2) No. Employment is not mandatory to naturalise.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi noajthan,

thanks for your reply.

Sorry to ask again but as far as my first question is concerned I meant to ask; Is there a chance the case worker may refuse my application on the basis that I didn't report about my 2nd employment during my Tier 1 extension and ILR applications? Are they going to curtail my ILR visa too if they refuse my Naturalization application? your help will be appreciated.

thank you.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:12 am

Hi,

Could someone who have the knowledge of the above questions help me please. Thanks in advance.

k_tier1

Re: Residential Requirements, Date of first arrival in the U

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi,

I'm also a bit confused about which date to fill in. If you look at my Immigration profile;
------------------------------------
Came here as a Student in 2006
Student Visa extension in 2007
PSW (Post study work) Visa approved in June 2008
*Went to Home Country in July 2008 and returned in Feb 2009 (a total of around 195 days absence in total)*
Tier 1 (General) visa approved in 2010
ILR approved in 2015
------------------------------------
The page 8 of Guidance says "Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis..."

If you come here as a Student in the first place, I guess at some point in completing that initial student application we usually declare just for the sake of it (at least in my case) that we will return to Home Country after completion of studies. This declaration in itself is contradicting what the Guidance says about what to fill in. Which date I should fill in if I consider myself that I came here on XX Feb 2009 with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis...

Could some one who have the knowledge about this respond please. thank you.

k_tier1

Re: Fife Council(Scotland) is providing JCAP application ser

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi all,

Could someone tell me what will happen to the remaining ILR visa if a Naturalization application is refused. Are they going to curtail it too.

Many Thanks.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:48 pm

I guess currently this is the only council providing this service in SCOTLAND if you go by their website pages related to NCS. Please post a relevant link if you know any other council in Scotland who are providing this service, which will be very helpful for people like me who reside in Scotland.

By the way any chance could you answer my other post as well please. Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:51 pm

k_tier1 wrote:Hi all,

Could someone tell me what will happen to the remaining ILR visa if a Naturalization application is refused. Are they going to curtail it too.

Many Thanks.
Unless it is found in the BC application that ILR was obtained by deception, the ILR will remain valid if the BC application is refused.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Thank you very much for your reply Casa. If you don't mind let me explain my case a bit more clear;

When submitting my Tier 1(General) extension application in 2013 and ILR application in 2015, I had two jobs but claimed 'Previous earnings' from only the main employment to claim the required points and did not reveal anything about my 2nd job at the time on both these occasions. I didn't reveal it just for the reason that the income from this 2nd job is not required to claim the points required. Now I'm going to write every detail in my Naturalization application and My question here is;
Is there a chance that the case worker may refuse my application on the basis that I didn't report my 2nd job details on my Tier 1- extension and ILR applications?

I tried to find some information in this particular scenario but couldn't found relevant information. Could you answer this query please. Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:28 pm

You would probably find it by searching the forum. You withheld information in order to succeed with your ILR application and you may now need to decide how badly you want British citizenship against the possible risk of having your ILR revoked.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

k_tier1

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi Casa,

thank you very much for your reply.

Don't get me wrong if I contradict with your assumption that "You withheld information in order to succeed with your ILR application .."

I might be wrong in not disclosing my 2nd job (weekend Job) at the time but as described in my previous post, I did not reveal it in none of my last two applications (Tier 1 (General) extension and ILR) for the following reasons;
1. The income from the 2nd job is not needed on both those occasions to achieve required points (btw I managed to get atleast 5 points extra on both occasions without my 2nd job income).
2. HO never asked anywhere in both of those applications that I should reveal all my Employment history unlike AN form, which explicitly is asking.
3. Less paperwork to deal with.

I can not understand how the above reasons will help HO to invoke my ILR visa if my Naturalization application is refused for not disclosing my 2nd job in my previous applications?

I really like to apply for Naturalization now but after reading your reply I can not help but thinking about refusal more than success. Please help.

Many thanks.

Note: I got my Tier 1(General) extension approved by postal application (processing time was around 34 days including biometrics) and ILR thru same day service appointment and Caseworker didn't ask me any queries in the appointment.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Assuming employment was declared to HMRC and tax paid, you shouldn't have a problem.
(Casa, not CR001)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:47 pm

To the OP;
I think you will be fine. From what I remember of the Tier 1 G rules a few years ago, you only needed to declare your job to get sufficient points. If you had second jobs, but they were superfluous because you had enough points from your first job, you did not need to declare them and that was (to the best of my knowledge) absolutely within the rules.

So long, as Casa mentioned, as you have declared the jobs to HMRC and paid tax on the income, you should be fine. So that they can reconcile your employment history with your tax records, I would suggest listing all the jobs that you have done in the UK in the naturalisation application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Thanks Casa and secret.simon for your replies.

I have declared everything with HMRC, paid all my taxes and declaring complete employment history in my AN form too. I hope it won't be a problem as you guys mentioned.

Many thanks again for your help.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi all,

Just one quick question please!

The guidance for eligible referees in the Naturalization application says that an agent/representative is not allowed to act as one. In my understanding, the agent/representative thing here is the person/organisation that actually represents the application on a client's behalf to HO;

With the above understanding I'm asking my accountant, who has been acting as my agent for the last 6 years for all my financial matters including my limited company & Self assessment, to act as one of my referees for my application. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Your help will be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Just one quick question please!

The guidance for eligible referees in the Naturalization application says that an agent/representative is not allowed to act as one. In my understanding, the agent/representative thing here is the person/organisation that actually represents the application on a client's behalf to HO;

With the above understanding I'm asking my accountant, who has been acting as my agent for the last 6 years for all my financial matters including my limited company & Self assessment, to act as one of my referees for my application. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Your help will be very much appreciated. Many thanks.
Your understanding appears quite correct and aligns with my understanding of the case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi all,

Please help me with the following query regarding referees for my AN application;

My professional referee is a 'Software Engineer', who has done Masters degree in 'computer science' related subject here in UK.

He is NOT a member of any professional institutions like BCS...but has a job title in his current job as a 'Software Engineer' and the 'Masters Degree' mentioned above. My query is can he be covered under the category ''Engineer (with professional qualifications)'' mentioned on the list of acceptable referees list.

Many thanks for your time and reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:33 pm

No, he is needs to be registered with the relevant 'Engineering' institutions/body (i.e. civil or electrical engineer etc) to be considered as a professional referee.

Professional qualifications does not necessarily mean a 'degree'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:31 pm

To the best of my knowledge, it is not the title on the degree certificate, but membership of the professional body that counts.

If he is a software engineer by degree, but not member of the professional body, he does not qualify as a professional referee, though he may as the second (British citizen) referee.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I just submitted my JCAP application and to my surprise council officer only took LIUK pass letter, MSc certificate and BRP card aprt from applications/passports/photos/fee payment slips.

I'm a director of my own Limted company and draw salary every month since its inception and file Self Assesment every year. I carried loads of documents relating to last 6 years but ended up submitting none! Could someone please advice that this is a normal scenario or not!

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Its normal. HO will write to you if they require any additional documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:03 pm

I just submitted my JCAP application and to my surprise council officer only took LIUK pass letter, MSc certificate and BRP card aprt from applications/passports/photos/fee payment slips.

I'm a director of my own Limted company and draw salary every month since its inception and file Self Assesment every year. I carried loads of documents relating to last 6 years but ended up submitting none! Could someone please advice that this is a normal scenario or not!

Many thanks in advance.
You don't need to prove income for citizenship only residence.

I had to insist on NCS copying my P60s since my passport doesn't get stamped.

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Thank you very much CR001 and Noetic for your replies.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:22 pm

Just beware that if they write to you asking for your passport, chances are they're actually wanting proof of residence.

There has been at least one case of refusal where HO wrote to ask for a passport to be sent in from someone whose passport doesn't get stamped, and then got refused on the basis they didn't provide evidence of residence.