ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yoursbyheart
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa From Pakistan

Post by yoursbyheart » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi

I hope you all are well.
I have received my wife's visa yesterday finally, however there is a hiccup and i am quite worried about this, please help.
Basically she received a visa saying valid from 30th April and valid until 30th May so she has to travel to UK within these dates but the problem is that her TB test expires on 16th April. I dont mind getting a new TB test but last time she went for TB test she was referred to further tests which took 2 months to get the result and certificate. After checking with TB test authorities they have mentioned that if we get a retest it will still take around 2 months time(usually its same day but since she had TB problems in past they require further testing).
so please advise what can be a solution to this?
can she come to uk without a tb test.
can ukba deport her refusing entry on these basis?

your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:03 pm

yoursbyheart wrote:Hi

I hope you all are well.
I have received my wife's visa yesterday finally, however there is a hiccup and i am quite worried about this, please help.
Basically she received a visa saying valid from 30th April and valid until 30th May so she has to travel to UK within these dates but the problem is that her TB test expires on 16th April. I dont mind getting a new TB test but last time she went for TB test she was referred to further tests which took 2 months to get the result and certificate. After checking with TB test authorities they have mentioned that if we get a retest it will still take around 2 months time(usually its same day but since she had TB problems in past they require further testing).
so please advise what can be a solution to this?
can she come to uk without a tb test.
can ukba deport her refusing entry on these basis?

your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks.
She can travel to UK with her expired TB certificate. TB certificate should have been valid at the time of making visa application. I dont think they will ask for valid TB at heathrow airport because purpose of these testing is to monitor the new entrant for tuberculosis or to conduct further testing in case of need by uk health authority. Few weeks should not make any difference and they also have screening facility at Heathrow airport if required

yoursbyheart
United Kingdom

Post by yoursbyheart » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:06 pm

thanks so much for your help and reply.
highly appreciated.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello yoursbyheart,

First of all congratulation for getting spouse visa. As you are from Pakistan my friend is also applying for his wife. Today he has submitted the online application form, paid for Ihs and also visa fee online . He also booked appointment for biometric enrollment on the 25th of this month.

Now the question is can he post the application form and other supporting documents to Sheffield straight away or is it after biometric enrollment?

Thanks in advance for you help

Shah

yoursbyheart
United Kingdom

Post by yoursbyheart » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi sshah

Many thanks.
As far as i know send the documents after the appointment but should be within 2 weeks after the appointment but sooner the better.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks alot for quick your reply. Ok will submit the docs after the appointment.

yoursbyheart
United Kingdom

Post by yoursbyheart » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi All

Even though it is too early to ask, i am just curious to know what is the visa route for a spouse.
My wife got her visa approved and joined me in UK while i was on ILR and now i have received my citizenship.

1. she was granted a visa for 33 months, i know that i have to extend it another 33 months and then can apply for an indefinite after that additional period, so once she is granted an indefinite, how long do we have to wait to apply for her citizenship?
2. is there a quicker route for her?
3. does my citizenship approval affect her status/application/procedure in anyway?

I will look forward to a reply.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Chad.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 pm

yoursbyheart wrote:1. she was granted a visa for 33 months, i know that i have to extend it another 33 months and then can apply for an indefinite after that additional period, so once she is granted an indefinite, how long do we have to wait to apply for her citizenship? The extension is not 33 months. It is an extension on FLR(M) for 2.5 years. As soon as she is granted ILR, she can apply for citizenship based on 3 years residence as the spouse of BC provided she meets all the standard requirements.

2. is there a quicker route for her? No. The only advantage is that she will not have to wait 12 months on ILR to apply for citizenship as you are now BC.

3. does my citizenship approval affect her status/application/procedure in anyway? No, it is the same visa whether you have ILR or BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yoursbyheart
United Kingdom

Post by yoursbyheart » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:52 pm

hi

many thanks for your reply and valued information. i thought they will give another 33 months as initially they did give 33 months but thanks for correcting me.
can you kindly shed some light on this 3 years residence route for BC?

All the rest very well noted.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:56 pm

yoursbyheart wrote:can you kindly shed some light on this 3 years residence route for BC?
Pre July 2012, a spouse visa was only for 2 years and then the spouse could apply for ILR. Once ILR had been held for a year, they could apply for BC (3 years residence and ILR).

Post July 2012, you have to have 5 years residence to get ILR. But once you have ILR and you are married to a BC, then you can apply for citizenship immediately after ILR without having to wait 12 months (a bit of a concession basically). This application as spouse of BC is based on 3 years residence. Nationality law was not changed to match the Immigration rules when the changes happened in 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yoursbyheart
United Kingdom

Post by yoursbyheart » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:57 pm

thanks so much for your prompt reply. much appreciated.
have a good evening.