ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jumanufer

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by jumanufer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Bilbil wrote:Hi All.
@Jumanufer and Pixie12. I know I have the same timeline with you guys. Just an update that I called INIS today and the lady confirmed to me I am at the final stage. Good luck to us all waiting for approvals
Excellent! That means your file might be ready to be signed
Mine has been at advance stage so maybe now is with yours

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Application Basis: 3 year residency (Irish association )
Application Date: 28/04/2014
1st Acknowledgment Date: 06/05/2014
2nd Acknowledgment Date: 16/06/2014(successfully moved to next stage)
Advanced stage 09/2015

I called them last week and today and they confirmed that my file has been sent to minster to be signed
what does it mean?
(if they want to refuse will they send it to minster?)

sandman2015
Newly Registered

Post by sandman2015 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi all.thanks to all for you contribution. My time line is applied on 20 November 2016.1 december2016 got letter for saying your on saying your application intial process and in second stage this is the one letter I receive so far. Plz help if some body have same tilne.

sandman2015
Newly Registered

Post by sandman2015 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:00 pm

sandman2015 wrote:Hi all.thanks to all for you contribution. My time line is applied on 20 November 2015.1 december2015 got letter for saying your on saying your application intial process and in second stage this is the one letter I receive so far. Plz help if some body have same tilne.

pacificislands
Newly Registered

Post by pacificislands » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:55 pm

I emailed citizenship info and been told I am scheduled to attend the citizenship ceremony on the 26th of April 2pm. I didnt get the formal letter yet in the post but ive been told it will come in the next few days. But I am worried that it will get postponed again as we dont have a government at the moment. There is no Taoiseach elected! Ive been told at work that citizenship ceremony might get postponed because of the recent situation.

brainy04

Post by brainy04 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 pm

pacificislands wrote:I emailed citizenship info and been told I am scheduled to attend the citizenship ceremony on the 26th of April 2pm. I didnt get the formal letter yet in the post but ive been told it will come in the next few days. But I am worried that it will get postponed again as we dont have a government at the moment. There is no Taoiseach elected! Ive been told at work that citizenship ceremony might get postponed because of the recent situation.

As far as i think. Ceremony can not be delayed now as formal letter has been issued to many. Government has nothing to do with inis. It is an independent organisation. Keep faith your letter is on the way.

mCGIW

Post by mCGIW » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:20 pm

My spouse got the invitation letter for 11:30 a.m. Congratulations to all those who have got.

Best of luck to all those waiting for approval and invitation letters!

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:44 pm

@Jumanufer and Pixie12. I know I have the same timeline with you guys. Just an update that I called INIS today and the lady confirmed to me I am at the final stage. Good luck to us all waiting for approvals
Thats good to know. I applied 2nd week of january. Havent heard from them eversince, besides the first and second letter combine. Ive emailed them last feb or march i think but they said its still processing. Havent emailed them eversince as i am not expecting anything because of this coming ceremony. Best of luck with us waiting for approval. I applied based on being married to irish national(3yrs in the state). Whats the basis of your application BilBil?

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:34 pm

pixie12 wrote:
Thats good to know. I applied 2nd week of january. Havent heard from them eversince, besides the first and second letter combine. Ive emailed them last feb or march i think but they said its still processing. Havent emailed them eversince as i am not expecting anything because of this coming ceremony. Best of luck with us waiting for approval. I applied based on being married to irish national(3yrs in the state). Whats the basis of your application BilBil?
Mine is based on 5 years EUFAM STAMP 4. Sent Application on 8th February and received 1st and 2nd combined letter on 1st March. Fingers crossed with prayers.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:00 am

Hi Everyone,

I applied for citizenship on 18th of Feb 2016 on the basis of 5 year EU Family Stamp, got my first letter after one month, they asked me for new photos, i guess photos sent with application were lost. I sent photos next day and got confirmation letter after 2 days.

I know, i have to wait few more months as my application is on early stage. My question is bit different, I have applied for indefinite stamp last year September, they sent me temporary stamp until 22 April, I have not heard from department anything since . As my stamp will be finished on 22 April, i just sent them an email and got this response.

Dear xxxxx,

Applications are processed in chronological order.

A decision will issue in due course.

It is not possible to give a definite date.

is anybody on similar situation here, what if my visa expires will it effect on my citizenship application.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:11 am

llvlludi wrote:Hi Everyone,

I applied for citizenship on 18th of Feb 2016 on the basis of 5 year EU Family Stamp, got my first letter after one month, they asked me for new photos, i guess photos sent with application were lost. I sent photos next day and got confirmation letter after 2 days.

I know, i have to wait few more months as my application is on early stage. My question is bit different, I have applied for indefinite stamp last year September, they sent me temporary stamp until 22 April, I have not heard from department anything since . As my stamp will be finished on 22 April, i just sent them an email and got this response.

Dear xxxxx,

is anybody on similar situation here, what if my visa expires will it effect on my citizenship application.
In my opinion u need to sort it out if u havent got any approval yet. Eventually they will ask you for a renewed visa. Better do it before they ask you to avoid delay on your application.
Last edited by pixie12 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:13 am

Bilbil wrote:
pixie12 wrote:
Mine is based on 5 years EUFAM STAMP 4. Sent Application on 8th February and received 1st and 2nd combined letter on 1st March. Fingers crossed with prayers.
Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed hahah! Hopefully we get sorted soon. Its been three months now on my part. And i havent heard anything from them. I think thats a good sign(well i hope, not sure with the inis tbh)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:37 am

I emailed today and ask about the status of my application. They said its on the advanced stage also like you guys. Theres a lot of us who have been told "advance stage". So Hopefully the approval will start to roll out in the next coming of weeks. Goodluck to all of us waiting. xx

jumanufer

Post by jumanufer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:46 am

pixie12 wrote:I emailed today and ask about the status of my application. They said its on the advanced stage also like you guys. Theres a lot of us who have been told "advance stage". So Hopefully the approval will start to roll out in the next coming of weeks. Goodluck to all of us waiting. xx

I am pretty confident that they will be signing new approvals soon after the ceremony, so early May we should have the resolution

irisho
Newly Registered

Post by irisho » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
dublin777 wrote:Welcome back kingdoman . Good to see yr comments here it gives me joy :) bicos they are always genuine and accurate . I almost thought u were one of the authority in the Department :) . Anyways.

Kingdoman can u pls advised people like me. How long couldt the LSR team hold yr file for before submitting it to the Minister? And how long can an application last for at most . Pls advise. Thank u.
Again, thanks for your kind words. The LSR team naturally prepares a submission on a file and then passes it on to the minister recommending for an approval. However in some cases, especially where there are adverse issues, they hold on to a file for as long as they deem it necessary I think (usually 6 - 12 months). A file with a straight forward case doesn't take more than a month or 2 with the LSR team before they finally foward to the minister for her approval.

Kindomman, Can you please throw a bit more light on the issue where LSR team is holding someone's application due to adverse issue. My concern is - is the delay calculated from the date of application or from the date the file is received in the LSR department? Thank you in advance.

Bilbil
Newly Registered

Post by Bilbil » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:29 pm

jumanufer wrote:
pixie12 wrote:I emailed today and ask about the status of my application. They said its on the advanced stage also like you guys. Theres a lot of us who have been told "advance stage". So Hopefully the approval will start to roll out in the next coming of weeks. Goodluck to all of us waiting. xx

I am pretty confident that they will be signing new approvals soon after the ceremony, so early May we should have the resolution

@KingdomMan. Can you please explain to us the difference between "advance stage" and "final stage" in INIS stages of citizenship. Thanks

Flakie
Newly Registered

Post by Flakie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Hello, further to my earlier enquiry, my husband who is awaiting an invitation to the April 26 ceremony has not received the invite. We however got a response to our email enquiry to INIS confirming that he is scheduled to attend the after 1pm ceremony on that day and that a formal invitation will issue to him shortly. Today is Friday and we have not received anything. Can we just show up on that day with that email response should we not get an invite before that day? Also can someone who has received an invitation for that day please advise the content especially the list of documents to take along to the ceremony. Thanks in advance.

Welcome back Kingdomman!!!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Flakie wrote:Hello, further to my earlier enquiry, my husband who is awaiting an invitation to the April 26 ceremony has not received the invite. We however got a response to our email enquiry to INIS confirming that he is scheduled to attend the after 1pm ceremony on that day and that a formal invitation will issue to him shortly. Today is Friday and we have not received anything. Can we just show up on that day with that email response should we not get an invite before that day? Also can someone who has received an invitation for that day please advise the content especially the list of documents to take along to the ceremony. Thanks in advance.

Welcome back Kingdomman!!!
Thanks! No need for your anxiety as you'd def get the official invitation for the ceremony in the post in time (in the coming week). All the best! :)

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Bilbil wrote:
jumanufer wrote:

@KingdomMan. Can you please explain to us the difference between "advance stage" and "final stage" in INIS stages of citizenship. Thanks
Advance stage is when a submission is about or already made to the minister for a decision on an application while final stage is when a decision is already made by the minister and application file is back to the INIS and a (approval/refusal)letter is being prepared to be sent to an applicant. :)

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:13 pm

Kingdom regarding the "advanced stage"
Is there still be possible that ones application can still be refused, even if they said its on the advance stage? As to my understanding, it wouldnt go that far, if theres a problem with the application? They might just say "processing" still. Can you clarify that to your understanding, as being the most knowledgable person here on boards. Thanks in advance!!!

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:58 pm

pixie12 wrote:Kingdom regarding the "advanced stage"
Is there still be possible that ones application can still be refused, even if they said its on the advance stage? As to my understanding, it wouldnt go that far, if theres a problem with the application? They might just say "processing" still. Can you clarify that to your understanding, as being the most knowledgable person here on boards. Thanks in advance!!!
Only the minister has the discretion for approval or refusal so it's possible a file gets to the advance stage and it's still refused. It happened to me. My initial application went through the whole stages from initial processing through to the final stage but only to be sent a refusal letter.

llvlludi

Post by llvlludi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:59 pm

llvlludi wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Dear xxxxx,

In my opinion u need to sort it out if u havent got any approval yet. Eventually they will ask you for a renewed visa. Better do it before they ask you to avoid delay on your application.
I don't know if there is any way to sort it out, department don't want to get exact time frame for the decision. I heard from few people they are purposely delaying decisions as they have floods of new application from people recently entered through UK.

NINIOLA69

Post by NINIOLA69 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Good evening guys ,how are u doing today Kingdom man,Pixie12,Jamunufer,Dublin 777 and others. I just tried to cool it down in recent days cos I don't think any approvals will surface again until after the ceremony . With reference to what the last guy said ,I want to sound it to u that most of the immigrants in Ireland entered thru Uk. At least 90% . With what I have seen and read in the past only the INIS can highlight and gve details on how they approve naturalisation applications.One thing I know is that they are not doing it in chronological order cos have seen many pple who submitted after me getting decisions even before six months. I have no fines,warnings or any convictions from any quarter and here I am still waiting since September and there are many pple like that in my shoes. Things are a bit muddled up in the department even those that has paid are not getting the invites required to be at the ceremony with 11 days to go. Well is a bit confusing and complex ,yesterday made it the fourth or fifth time I emailed them to ask about the status of my application,the response is was still the same ADVANCE STAGE and no definite timeframe. That is really killing to be honest , I pray will all have a glasses that can see thru the walls and space so we all can know the real and true processes of naturalisation. I pray God in His infinite mercy will grant all our heart desires.

dublin777

Post by dublin777 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:22 pm

ENIOLA69: AMEN TO YR PRAYER . WE SHALL ALL GET THERE ONE DAY. TO BE CANDID IT COULD BE INIS POLICY OR CODE OF CONDUCT. THEY WILL NEVER DISCLOSE TO ANYONE HOW THEY PROCESS APPLICATIONS .WE ALL ARE JUST GUESSING . I KNOWI ts frustratingt though but we shall get there.

pixie12

Post by pixie12 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:03 am

KingdomMan wrote:
pixie12 wrote:Kingdom regarding the "advanced stage"
Only the minister has the discretion for approval or refusal so it's possible a file gets to the advance stage and it's still refused. It happened to me. My initial application went through the whole stages from initial processing through to the final stage but only to be sent a refusal letter.
Yeah i remember. Did u see any sign before the refusal
happened? Did they ask you for any documentation/clarification before they refuse your application at that time? Its just on my application, i got 1st and second letter combine after 10 days of posting it to them. And its going on 3 months now and never heard anything from them. I dont know if thats also a good sign or not. But i feel that it is. Thanks again kingdom for always taking the time to answer.