ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

FLR(M) questions

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi all
I got my ILR & applied for my wife FLR(M) visa through premium service. My wife got degree from India but visa officer said that from 6th April we are required to provide NARIC letter along with degree & they given us 14 days to submit letter from NARIC to prove that her course in India was taught in English language.

For NARIC purpose, we need to get the letter from Indian university saying that my wife's course was taught in English. With the help of our parents we managed to get that letter & they sent to us by scanning. We submitted the same to NARIC along with degree certificate & mark sheet (all scanned copy). Today we got the NARIC letter. Now my question is, we are going to send this to UK home office but whether NARIC letter & degree certificate be enough? or we have to get the original letter posted from India which my wife's university gave us mentioning that the course was taught in English?

Can someone please give me advise on this? I am planning to send the post tomorrow if the letter from Indian university is not required otherwise I have to wait and get this sorted.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) NARIC question

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 pm

hiya

thanks for the reply. Sorry missed to mention this, we didn't apply for NARIC "Visas and Nationality service" but we applied for only "English Language Assessment" as our solicitor suggested that "Visas and Nationality service" will take upto 15 days to receive (but we had only 10 days to submit the doc back to home office) however the "English language assessment" will take only 2 days. So we went for "English language assessment" service.

I was going through the guidline in here => https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

which says this (in page 14)
The applicant will meet the English language requirement if they:
- have obtained an academic qualification recognised by the National Academic
Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC) to be equivalent to the
standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK; and

- provide the specified evidence to show that they have the qualification and that it was
taught or researched in English.

I can see the tick for 1st one and for the 2nd it sounds like we still need to produce that original letter from Indian university to show that the degree was taught in English. Please let me know if I am wrong? I don't wan to make any mistake this time as I still got 5 more days to sort everything...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:23 pm

It is not yet known for certain if ELA or SoC (+university letter) are being accepted by UKV&I for immigration applications submitted after 06-Apr-2016.
There is no announcement regarding "transitional arrangements" either.

Letter from University is only required if you are submitting SoC from NARIC, not when you are submitting ELA.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:22 pm

great thanks for the reply. I got some clarification about this NARIC service now. I ordered the "Statement of Comparability" as well. I hope that both this SoC & ELA will be sufficient for home office. Thanks a lot @geriatrix. I will keep updated on what's happening... Cheers

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:38 am

Hi,

You can avoid all the hassle and just book for A1 English test with HO certified institution. You'll get the certificate within a week. And it cost around £150.00 only.

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

Premium service - Additional documents waiting time?

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi there

I applied for my wife's FLR(M) visa for the premium one day service @croydon center. However, the visa officer gave us 14 days time requesting us to submit additional documents to prove English language requirement. We have sent the documents now. Wondering how many more days it will take in average to process the application further? We need a passport (with visa) in a week or 2 time as we got plans to travel. Any suggestion on this please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium service - Additional documents waiting time?

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:28 pm

It can take a few days or a couple of weeks. No one can guess how long it will take.

Did you not submit proof of English with the FLR(M) application?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

Re: Premium service - Additional documents waiting time?

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:33 am

hi, thanks for your reply... we submitted the PBS point calculator for English language requirement last week, didn't realise the rule change from 6th April. At our premium service, visa officer given us 14 days to submit letter from NARIC to prove English language requirement. We sent this document & the post should reach them by today, so was wondering how long it will take because of our travel plans...

ilrapplicant101
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) questions

Post by ilrapplicant101 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:04 pm

finally got our visa after a wait of nearly 4 weeks. Thanks to people who supported in the forum replying to messages...