ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) application question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) application question

Post by mrsheveran » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:16 am

Hello Friends,
i have come back to this forum after 2 and a half years. please look at my timeline and advise if its normal or not.

applied for FLR(FP) (1st extension of discreationary leave to remain - previous one given in Oct 2013)
17th March 2016

received by Home Office:
18th March 2016

until now, no money has been taken from my account and no acknowledgement has been received. i was very anxious so i rang them last week to ask what was going on and they informed me that they don't send out any acknowledgement letters anymore. the receipt from Royal Mail is the acknowledgement and after the submission of the application, in six weeks, i shall receive the biometric letter which will act as an acknowledgement letter..... :?

Reus

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Reus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:27 pm

@mrsheveran dont be worried as i got the same response on my flr fp application. funny enough the day irang them to enquire about ack. letter and was told they dont send that out anymore was the same day my solicitor rang me to say ive got an ack. letter. Those people on the phone are crap! soon u shd get one. mine took abit over a month.

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) application question

Post by mrsheveran » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Thank You so much Reus, i am so relieved to read your msg! i hope ill get one soon..

Reus

Re: FLR(FP) application question

Post by Reus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:45 pm

your welcome. Also if u applied through a solicitor apparently theres a number they can call directly to enquire from a "case worker" and they are only allowed for such but idont really know how true that is still.. but yeah it helps if its truth.