ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received invitation from council but no approval from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

params0073
United Kingdom

Received invitation from council but no approval from HO

Post by params0073 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi,
Today I have received the invitation from council about my ceremony (AN form)but I still haven't received approval/invitation letter from HO. I spoke to customer care and they said I need to contact citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.I have emailed them.

Shall I just wait for my letter and reply to the council that I will attend my ceremony on the specific date ?

My question is what should be my next step ?

Thanks
Param

Nasir443
Newly Registered

Re: Received invitation from council but no approval from HO

Post by Nasir443 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi Param,

I am in similar situation as its been 4 weeks now since I received my approval letter but no invitation letter to date. Already sent 2 reminder emails to citizenship support but no response to date.

I was wondering how did you get citizenship ceremony appointment from Council because when I rang Hounslow Council they said we didn't receive anything from HO on your name so we can't book your ceremony. Which Council did you book your ceremony?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:04 am

I received the HO invitation/approval letter(one letter ) one day after I received the invitation from council.
In my case council had every thing and I had to wait for a day to received letter from HO.

Although I did email HO and I got another copy of invitation/approval letter within 5 working days.

Thanks
Param

Nasir443
Newly Registered

Post by Nasir443 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks Param.

It's seems my case is slightly different as they have not responded to my email either!