ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax documents for Company directors

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crimson76

Tax documents for Company directors

Post by crimson76 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Based on the current AN form, if you are self-employed; see Section 7, Page 31
"SECTION 7 Evidence of tax for self-employed applicants only
The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account"
I believe company directors are considered self employed for home office purposes. What is this Self assessment statement of account and how you get it? I was thinking about submitting SA302 and Self assessment tax returns with application. Will these documents suffice or I have to get HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account?

Do also need to submit company's tax return with application?

Please guide.

tripping

Re: Tax documents for Company directors

Post by tripping » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:00 pm

I only submitted SA302s for my application, did not have the latest Statement of account,only the previous year, which I submitted. I was a director of a limited company. What you have should suffice.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.
What is statement of account and do company directors get it? I have been filing my self assessment tax returns and company tax returns regularly and have all returns and SA302'S but I am not sure about Statement of account. Is it mandatory to submit Statement of account ?

Moderators, gurus, Please help.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Moderators, Senior members, Members,
Please help.

tripping

Post by tripping » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:41 am

The statement of account from HMRC shows you the tax return you have filed for a particular year, nothing more. Its addressed to you as an individual, not as a company. It states the financial year, the amount due/refund for the year thats it. The SA302s have a little bit more detail on the actual tax calculations which will make things easier for HO to cross check, as its all there. If in doubt, ring up HMRC to send you the latest copy of the statement of account. I submitted only SA302 and I was fine.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks for reply. I appreciate your help
Do you think it will be enough to go with P60's and SA302's ? Only document asked by home office from self employed customers is Statement of account. Do you think it will be OK if I go to NCS with P60's and SA 302's in place of statement of account?