ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent Residency Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malucolandia
Newly Registered

EEA Permanent Residency Card

Post by Malucolandia » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Hello,

I am a Portuguese Citizen but was born in Brazil. I only became a Portuguese national in May of 2013. I came to the UK in March 2008 with a visa as my mother had married a Portuguese citizen. I got the 6 month visa followed by the 5 year visa which would take me to Sep 2013 but like I said, I got the portuguese nationality in May 2013. Anyway, I am now applying for the residence card. Do I have to send in my mother's information since I haven't technically ben a EEA citizen for the past 5 years? Or do I just send in my details?

Please Help!

noajthan

Re: EEA Permanent Residency Card

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:52 pm

If you arrived in UK and mother/sponsor was exercising treaty rights as a qualified person, continuously for 5 years, then you may have acquired PR by 2013; maybe as early as March.

Note: If you were age 21 or over at this time you will have to show you were financially dependent on sponsor/mom.

If mom wasn't exercising treaty rights but you have been, (starting sometime after you became EEA), then when you have been doing so for 5 years continously you will have acquired PR; (possibly sometime in 2018).

Whichever possibility actually applies, you will need good (if not unimpeachable) documentary supporting evidence.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.