ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A fine for breaking UK immigration law?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

landrover8032

A fine for breaking UK immigration law?

Post by landrover8032 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi all,
I am extending my Tier 2 visa in the UK. When completing the form, this question make me confused
"Do you have any of the following, in the UK: ... A fine for breaking UK immigration law (called a 'civil penalty')".
For my case, I was overstayed 2 months in the UK before, and was banned 1 year of applying visa (automatically), but it is not "a fine", I mean no money charged, and as far as I know, it was not mentioned as a "civil penalty" in the relevant document I have from the HO. Can anybody please help me to clarify what I should answer yes or no for that question?
Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: A fine for breaking UK immigration law?

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 pm

It's not a civil penalty.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

landrover8032

Post by landrover8032 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Thanks for your answer. Last time when I applied Tier 2 outside the UK, there were some questions about Immigration history, so I had to mention the time that I "breaking UK immigration law". This time, there are no such historical questions, so do I still need to mention again the overstay? Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 pm

If the form doesn't ask about a period of overstay, then it doesn't have to be mentioned.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.