ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) and now getting married

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(FP) and now getting married

Post by evie233 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Hello forum members I want to ask a question. I am getting married in a few weeks and I will be renewing my papers this year, I am getting married to the father of my children but I applied under flr(FP) years ago and it got 2 and a half years. I know getting married is a change of circumstance and I have to provide 2 years cohabitation proof, but I don't have that, so my question is, do I still go ahead and get married? Provide the proof I have or do I just stick to my previous application ( parent of a British citizen )? I don't want to do anything to jeopardise my chances of renewal but I really want to get married, what do I do? (Oh and children and father are all British)..

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(FP) and now getting married

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:55 pm

You don't have to prove 2 years of co-habitation, only evidence of a genuine relationship. Co-habitation is required for an unmarried partner application. If you feel that you are able to meet all the requirements including minimum income of £18,600 p.a (this can be joint income), then you could switch to FLR(M) after you are married. You would have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge in addition to the visa fee.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:55 am

Casa wrote:You don't have to prove 2 years of co-habitation, only evidence of a genuine relationship. Co-habitation is required for an unmarried partner application. If you feel that you are able to meet all the requirements including minimum income of £18,600 p.a (this can be joint income), then you could switch to FLR(M) after you are married. You would have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge in addition to the visa fee.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply
Thanks Casa! You helped!

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:57 am

I also forgot to ask, is the 18,600 before tax or after?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:29 am

You'll be pleased to know, it's before tax. (assuming neither of you are qualifying with self-employed earnings). A1 level English is required. Read through the guidance for FLR(M) and then come back with any questions if you have them.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Casa wrote:You'll be pleased to know, it's before tax. (assuming neither of you are qualifying with self-employed earnings). A1 level English is required. Read through the guidance for FLR(M) and then come back with any questions if you have them.
Thanks for taking your time to reply me.. I just wanted to ask a question again(sorry) I read the requirements and I meet all except the financial part because my partner is on zero hrs so he is on the 17000 mark. I still have till September to put it in, is it possible for him to add more overtime before I put it in? Would it count towards the money or am I too late?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:14 pm

If members stopped asking questions, there wouldn't be a forum! The problem with zero hours and variable income is that the Case Worker will take the lowest month in the 6 month qualifying period and multiple it by 12 to calculate the annual income. I'm guessing from what you've said, that this will fall short. Do you work?
(Casa, not CR001)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Casa wrote:If members stopped asking questions, there wouldn't be a forum! The problem with zero hours and variable income is that the Case Worker will take the lowest month in the 6 month qualifying period and multiple it by 12 to calculate the annual income. I'm guessing from what you've said, that this will fall short.

Yeah.. You are right.. I guess I should stick to flr(FP ) for the last time.. And Yes i do but its cash in hand, not something i declare because its not much..Thanks so much for your help..

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm

Hello Casa, I have another question, is it possible for me to apply for my flr(FP) now and switch to flr(m) next year if I meet the requirements? Or do I have to wait till I renew in 2019?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:51 pm

You can switch at any time you feel you're able to meet the requirements for FLR(M). Be aware though that it will re-set your immigration clock to zero and you'll be on a new 5 year path to ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:54 pm

Casa wrote:You can switch at any time you feel you're able to meet the requirements for FLR(M). Be aware though that it will re-set your immigration clock to zero and you'll be on a new 5 year path to ILR.
Oh OK.. I just did my first 2.5 years so I am renewing for the second time, will I not be eligible for ILR after 5yrs(from the flrm application)?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:01 pm

If you switch to FLR(M) the time spent on FLR(FP) won't count towards the qualifying period for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 pm

Casa wrote:If you switch to FLR(M) the time spent on FLR(FP) won't count towards the qualifying period for ILR.
I thought you get indefinite stay after 5years flr(m)? Flr(FP) takes 10 years so I was thinking of cutting it short and just switching to flr(m) ? Or do you have any links on indefinite leave to remain so I don't make an error? I still have 7.5 years more to go and 3 more renewals thats why i am asking too many questions..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:24 pm

OK, so if you switch to FLR(M) you will be granted 2.5 years. You'll then have to submit another FLR(M) extension for the remaining 2.5 years, which would then take you to ILR. -SET(M). This would be a shorter route to ILR than the FLR(FP) route you're currently on.
(Casa, not CR001)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Casa wrote:OK, so if you switch to FLR(M) you will be granted 2.5 years. You'll then have to submit another FLR(M) extension for the remaining 2.5 years, which would then take you to ILR. -SET(M). This would be a shorter route to ILR than the FLR(FP) route you're currently on.
Yeah, that's what I am thinking of doing so I can remove a couple of years.. Which would be shorter.. But I actually thought I would get the 5 years all at once( I know.. Silly me), so I think I might just think about it.. Please what do you think Casa?

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks Casa for replying, I want to ask you a question and I really don't know if the question belongs on this side if the forum but will ask anyway. This is for a friend, if a married couple has a British child (just turned 10) and the couple has one other child who isn't British but cane where as a child, is it still possible for them to all apply under family life with that one British boy? I read somewhere that you have to be single parents (I think in the form) but I just want to be sure that they can all apply using that one British child.. Thanks..

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 am

Ok then.. Seems like no one will answer my questions again, and I will not be allowed to post anywhere too.. But am I allowed to rephrase this question in the flr(FP) parent forum? Or am I just not allowed to ask questions again? I am asking because everything seems to have changed and I am trying not to offend... Thanks..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 am

evie233 wrote:Ok then.. Seems like no one will answer my questions again, and I will not be allowed to post anywhere too.. But am I allowed to rephrase this question in the flr(FP) parent forum? Or am I just not allowed to ask questions again? I am asking because everything seems to have changed and I am trying not to offend... Thanks..
You need to post this in your own thread (i.e don't tag on to another member's thread) Start a new one in the same way you opened this one.
(Casa, not CR001)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am

Casa wrote:
evie233 wrote:Ok then.. Seems like no one will answer my questions again, and I will not be allowed to post anywhere too.. But am I allowed to rephrase this question in the flr(FP) parent forum? Or am I just not allowed to ask questions again? I am asking because everything seems to have changed and I am trying not to offend... Thanks..
You need to post this in your own thread (i.e don't tag on to another member's thread) Start a new one in the same way you opened this one.
Ok.. Thank you..I actually thought you opened this new thread because it's a different question from the flr (FP) thread..

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

Please how do I start a new thread? :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:30 am

evie233 wrote:Please how do I start a new thread? :(
In the same way you started this one. Click on Immigration for family members...and then click on the red 'New Topic' at the top left hand side of the page.
(Casa, not CR001)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:47 am

Casa wrote:
evie233 wrote:Please how do I start a new thread? :(
In the same way you started this one. Click on Immigration for family members...and then click on the red 'New Topic' at the top left hand side of the page.
Thank you, I did not know that, I just found my question deleted from the flr(FP) parent thread and brought here.. Thanks again..