ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request to expedite application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

traymond
Newly Registered

Request to expedite application

Post by traymond » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi everyone,
My time line as follows:-
Tier 1-E 5 yrs route with 3 dependents
Application sent on 2/3/2016
BRP done on 16/3/2016
Waiting for outcome.

My son (20 years old) has being accepted by one of the top university in England early this year and the university is so kind, offered him home fees (even though we have yet to get our ILR status) with the condition that he must produce the ILR status by 15/6/2016. As I aware that the Home Office might takes up to 6 months to process the application.

My question is, can I send an official request to Home Office to expedite my application base on this ground?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1-E to ILR - Request to expedite application

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 pm

What is an "official" or "unofficial" request?
There is no harm in writing to them but a request for such reasons, as one stated above, is not entertained.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

noajthan

Re: Tier 1-E to ILR - Request to expedite application

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:00 pm

traymond wrote:...

My son (20 years old) has being accepted by one of the top university in England early this year and the university is so kind, offered him home fees (even though we have yet to get our ILR status) with the condition that he must produce the ILR status by 15/6/2016.
A critical date will be the student's status on the first day of the academic year (rather than on "15 June)".

See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--A ... -status#RL
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.