ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child passport application- countersignature refused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RScorpio

Child passport application- countersignature refused

Post by RScorpio » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:42 pm

I had applied for my child's passport last week and have just received a letter saying that they were unable to trace the countersignature person. The countersignatury person is my colleague and I am finding it very hard to believe. He had given our office address as required on the declaration form along with his mobile number

I spoke to him and he said he could possibly have missed calls being at work, but there was no voicemail left by anyone.

I called up the passport adviceline number and the person mentioned that the given address was also not valid.I cannot understand this as it is a medium sized financial company that I work for and the address is even given on the Bank of England register who supervise it. I have even checked the address he had filled in. I am not sure why the passport office just did not alternatively write to him if they couldn't get him on phone.

I am very tempted to make a complaint because I clearly feel the passport office are not doing the right thing.

I could get another person to sign as directed in the letter, but I don't want to so easily give in. Please advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Child passport application- countersignature refused

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:10 pm

RScorpio wrote:but I don't want to so easily give in.
Then complain and see it to its logical conclusion ... which could be months away.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

RScorpio

Post by RScorpio » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:30 pm

geriatrix wrote:
RScorpio wrote:but I don't want to so easily give in.
Then complain and see it to its logical conclusion ... which could be months away.
I guess that is what will eventually happen, but don't know if others have also experienced something similar. I guess I will just have to sleep over this tonight, wait for my anger to clear up and then take the easier option even if what has happened feels unfair.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:41 pm

RScorpio wrote:I guess I will just have to sleep over this tonight, wait for my anger to clear up and then take the easier option even if what has happened feels unfair.
+1.
The choice between one sleepless night vs. many!! :lol:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!