ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

~J~

council tax issue

Post by ~J~ » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm

i came here on hsmp last week. currently in scotland with my partner who is a student. as he has a bank account with RBS (royal bank of scotland), i tried openin an account too with RBS. i was asked to provide address proof along with my passport. for the addrss proof i will need either utility bill or council tax.

now the problem is, we live in an 3 bedroom apartment shared by the owner and another couple. so since we live in with the landlord, he takes care of all the bills and council tax. we just pay him monthly rent whihc includes all our bills and council tax.

when i asked him that the bank requires me to produce council tax as address proof, he says that he can give a letter stating that i live in his house, also, i should open an account in another local bank where they arent particular about proofs. am worried that this shuldnt be a problem to me on the longer run as the bills and council tax are not on my name.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:34 am

All banks in the UK are required to obtain satisfactory proof of address; try the following documents:
- letter from your employer (once you get a job)
- letter from the council on your name
- letter from the phone company (mobile phone)
- Police registration certificate (in case you are required to have it)
- Letter from the home office (just send them a letter asking to confirm your hsmp status or something similar)
- Letter from the inland revenue (HR&C), you can register with them after you get the NI
- You NI documentation; required for working in the UK, your tax contribution is linked with the NI
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:36 pm

try-one wrote:All banks in the UK are required to obtain satisfactory proof of address; try the following documents:

- letter from the phone company (mobile phone) Actually mobile phone bills are not sufficient.- Police registration certificate
\there is nothing wrong with the landlord writing you a letter and you showing the rental contract. Depends on the bank and the person who is processing it.

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:58 am

thanks!

yes, mobile and internet bills are not sufficient.

Yam Yam
Newly Registered

Post by Yam Yam » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 pm

1.) Look on your computer for script that matches the script on a utility bill.

2.) Create a blank document and type your name onto it using different sizes.

3.) Print it.

4.) Cut and paist it over the utility bill.

5.) Run it under a photocopier a few times to smooth out any edges. Use Typex if needed.

Congradulations, you now have a utility bill in your name!!!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:34 pm

I really hope that is a joke.

I know of several people who have been arrested and charged with fraud for forging documents in support of an immigration application. It is totally not worth it.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!