ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I cancel naturalisation application once submitted?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manchester1
Newly Registered

How can I cancel naturalisation application once submitted?

Post by Manchester1 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Dear All - Can some one advise:

I have submitted JCAP + AN1 + MN1 for self + wife + daughter on 1st April via NCS. Fee is not yet deducated as of 16th April.

Our circumstances have suddenly changed due to sudden medical problem and wife now has to go back to India immediately for treatment for long term and hence I am looking for a way to somehow cancel her application alone and allow my + daugter's application to progress. How can I do that?

I have given same bank card detail for self + wife in respect application forms. And a different bank card for daughter's MN1 form

When UKBA/HO deducts the fee - do they deduct all fee in one go or would they deduct per candidate? Is there a way I can instruct bank to decline the payment for my wife's name but allow the payment to go for my application?

Has anyone any idea

A quick help is appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: How can I cancel naturalisation application once submitt

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Here's a link to the online cancellation of application form, but be aware that you will only be entitled to a refund if the application hasn't been processed.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Manchester1
Newly Registered

Post by Manchester1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:07 am

Thanks Casa
However that link says that for applications submitted in UK, the fee will not be refunded?

''You applied in the UK
You need to cancel your application using the online form.

You won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK.''

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:31 am

Then I'm sorry to say, that's the case. :(
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:03 am

Daylight robbery!! Surely how can they justify keeping the fee for no reason at all!! Does it cost £1250 to process the application on day 1?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:07 am

Chinho2k wrote:Daylight robbery!! Surely how can they justify keeping the fee for no reason at all!! Does it cost £1250 to process the application on day 1?
I agree. Wait to see if you have response from any members who may have received a more positive result or are able to come up with a solution.
(Casa, not CR001)

Manchester1
Newly Registered

Post by Manchester1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:36 am

As a last option I am now thinking to reduce the balance in my account for just 1 application i.e. GBP 1250 so that payment for main application alone is successful and for wife it gets declined. However, the only dilemma that is stopping me to do that is what if wife's payment request comes to my bank as the first request and my payment request comes as 2nd? I will do this option only if someone can pls advise if main applicant's fee is deducted first followed by dependants?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 am

They're probably all deducted at the same time. IMHO too big a risk that you'll lose them all. I don't believe there is a main applicant for BC and they all applications are processed individually.
(Casa, not CR001)

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:45 am

If you've sent all the applications together they might debit the entire amount at once.

One possible option is to cancel the card so they can't take any payment. Eventually they should return all of the applications unprocessed.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:46 am

ohara wrote:If you've sent all the applications together they might debit the entire amount at once.

One possible option is to cancel the card so they can't take any payment. Eventually they should return all of the applications unprocessed.
+1 ohara.
(Casa, not CR001)

Manchester1
Newly Registered

Post by Manchester1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:11 am

Thanks Ohara & Casa - appreciate your prompt responses.

Yes I had submitted all 3 applications together at NCS via JCAP.

Since each application form had its own page where payment card details are required. NCS person had told me when I enquired that I could have used 3 different cards - one for each application payment while I was filling those sections if I wanted to use different cards. Without thinking much on that spot I used the same card for wife & me :(

In hindsight I think I should have used 3 different cards for each of the 3 applications and then it would have been a simple case now to just cancel the card for wife's payment.

Anyways, I will sleep over this for couple of nights and will accordingly take action. A part of me says why in the world to complicate everything...having spent so much on TIER1 extensions and ILRs, let another 1250 be wasted just for peace of mind.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:32 am

Manchester1 wrote:Our circumstances have suddenly changed due to sudden medical problem and wife now has to go back to India immediately for treatment for long term
Is the health care not available in the UK? I would imagine that your wife is eligible for NHS health care provision for the rest of her life.

On the other hand, if she stays outside the UK for two years, she will lose her ILR status and have to start from scratch, under the rules at the time.

I would suggest that you let the naturalisation application go through, get the British passport and OCI and then she can live in India for the rest of her life.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Manchester1
Newly Registered

Post by Manchester1 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Thanks Simon,
Actually managing hospital runs with 2 young kids without external help is bit difficult i.e. imaging going to hospital / ER at 8pm but you can't leave 2yrs & 8 yrs alone at home (since no relatives here) and hence end up taking them as well. But I agree with you thats it better to somehow let the application go through instead of making more complex and later go back via OCI for however long the need be..