ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does an EU worker need to have "permanent residence"?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

Does an EU worker need to have "permanent residence"?

Post by JohnOhn » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:29 am

I'm a bit confused from various postings on this board.

So YES or NO: if we hire a settled worker who is an EU citizen (and thus has the right to live and work in the UK) but does not have a permanent residence card/stamp will they count as an employee for our T1E extension and ILR?

vinny

Re: Does an EU worker need to have "permanent residence"?

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JohnOhn

Re: Does an EU worker need to have "permanent residence"?

Post by JohnOhn » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:42 am

vinny wrote:Already answered.
Sorry, so just to be clear: so then if I found a potential hire I love, but that hire is a Portuguese citizen living in the UK who doesn't have "permanent residence" they'll still count as a "settled worker" for T1E extension and ILR purposes?

Whoops, meant to post this in the other linked post^ will move the question there.