ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Spouse visa queries

Post by rshelar » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi,

I am a naturalised british national and will be marrying soon. I plan to apply for spouse visa after my marriage.

I am planning to claim benefits. Will this impact the spouse visa application (in few months) if I claim benefits but meet other criteria?

I am planning to go down the director of limited company route.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - claiming benefits

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:37 pm

What benefits do you want to claim or do you qualify for as Director of Ltd company?

Do you meet the financial requirement of £18,600pa and have company accounts and 12 months evidence to prove this?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:30 am

Hi,

Planning to claim JSA.

I have built up the 18K income which can be shown by my tax returns and will have full 12 months statements by the time I apply.

I am working as an independent director (IT contracting) and have been out of contract. Planning to claim JSA but wary of impact on future spouse visa application.

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:43 am

You need to show that the employment is ongoing. Submitting past earnings won't be sufficient and a spouse settlement visa won't meet the financial conditions is you are unemployed and claiming JSA. Also if your Limited company is not dissolved, you can't claim JSA.
And the minimum income level is £18,600 p.a, not £18,000.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Thank you.

Ok, the short answer I guess is that I cant claim JSA.

The company isnt dissolved and I have 18600 of income through dividends + salary in the 12 month period. I am currently not working but

- I have sufficient money in my company and if I pay myself minimum salary for each month till the visa date and take dividends will that suffice ?

- if I take up a permanent employment but do not dissolve my company and continue doing the above, is that still an issue? i.e. take up permanent employment but apply under the director of ltd company route?

Regards

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - English language requirement

Post by rshelar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi,

My partner is planning to apply for spouse visa soon and I am confused regarding the new english language requirement.

She is in a non eu country that is not on a list of english speaking countries.

I initially thought that a print out of points based calculator should be sufficient but thats been closed now.

- Does she need to provide a letter from university confirming that degree was taught in English

OR
- Does she need to provide just her degree certificate and transcript

OR

- Provide NARIC statement of comparison (blue route)

OR

- Provide NARIC letter (red route)

Thanks

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - English language requirement

Post by rathernicelydone » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:13 pm

I had my wife's degree checked via this service: https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individu ... sment.aspx

They provided a written letter confirming the English level and I submitted this to Sheffield.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks, when did you apply?

I was thinking of applying using this but not sure about it -

https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/individu ... ility.aspx

Thanks

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:58 am

I applied in Feb and got the visa in March.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks...there has been changes after April so I am not sure.

Anyone here has applied in April or know what needs to be provided?

is it

https://www.naric.org.uk/NARIC/Individuals/Default.aspx

or

https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... fault.aspx

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:24 pm

I have just checked here: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/kn ... of-english

The only thing that has changed from 6th April is the list of approved tests and test centres. If you use NARIC to have your partner's degree evaluated this change won't apply to you.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks, but no from now NARIC will issue letters addressed to UKBA for immigration purposes. They have started offering this additional services and have divided as red and blue route on their website.

The blue (one which you used) seems to be required for work and study purpose and red for visa.

Regards

rathernicelydone
United Kingdom

Post by rathernicelydone » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Wowzers that changed suddenly. And the price has gone up to £125 - ouch! If you are applying for a spouse visa then you need to go via the red route and use "The new UK NARIC VisasAndNationality service".

The VisasAndNationality service supports applications made through the following PBS (Points-Based System) immigration routes:

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
Tier 2 General
Tier 2 Ministry of Religion
Tier 2 Sportsperson
Representative of an Overseas Business visa
The service also supports family, settlement and citizenship/nationality applications.

How to apply here: https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... apply.aspx

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - director of ltd - is my checklist correct?

Post by rshelar » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for a spouse visa for my partner. I am a British citizen and applying under category F as director of a ltd company.

Following is the list of "my" documents that I plan to provide...can someone have a look and advise if this is complete or if I need anything else?

CT 600 for 12 month accounting year of the company
Acknowledgement of CT600 from HMRC
Self assessment tax return
Evidence of registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House
unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body
Business bank statements for 12 month period
Current appointment report from Companies house
Original proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number
Payslips for 12 month period
P60
Dividend voucher
Company house annual return - AR01

Regards

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Online bank statements - old stamp

Post by rshelar » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding spouse visa that I am planning to sponsor soon for my partner.

I am providing some bank statements as originals and some as online statements stamped and signed by the bank.

The stamp and signature is from Nov 2015 on all pages for the printed ones

Is that fine or is there a requirement that the statements should be signed within 28 days of application?

Last time I had great difficulty from the bank to get signature and hence asking.

Thanks in advance.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa - director of ltd - is my checklist correct?

Post by Mojohnson » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Personal bank statements for the same period showing salary and dividends paid in from company account- make sure the dates match the payslips and dividend vouchers .

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Re: Online bank statements - old stamp

Post by Mojohnson » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Why do you not just ask your bank to send the original statements to you through the post. Usually only takes a few days. Which bank are you dealing with ?

A few of the banks do not even have the stamping option available anymore. I actually used some non-stamped online statements and a transaction list and there were no issues- but is best to be on safe side and get originals.

In any case the date of stamping shouldn't be an issue as it's just a case of authentication of the statements. The 28 day rule you mentioned concerns your last statement being within 28 days of application date. This is a must.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa queries

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Keep your spouse visa queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!