ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my pregnant wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for my pregnant wife

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Are you sure you selected the correct visa type and sub-type? There is only one category that is exempt from the IHS charge and it certainly is not the spouse visa.

You should have paid £600 each.

What is your wife and child's nationality?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adil1980
Newly Registered

Post by adil1980 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:01 am

My wife and son hold Pakistani passports.

I had also received email that status this.

UK Visas & Immigration

Immigration health surcharge complete

Date: Apr 15, 2016
Name: MR Farooq
IHS reference number: hidden

This email confirms your immigration health surcharge (IHS) reference number.

If you made a payment, you should have received a separate email receipt from Worldpay.

What you need to do next
Finish your visa application and include your IHS reference number.
If you’re applying in person at a premium service centre, you’ll need your IHS reference number when you attend your appointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We are going for bio-metric tests tomorrow. Please send me link where i can add my wifes and son info again and pay IHS. I don't want any delay is cancellation due to not paying IHS later on.

I did not add any nationality info on IHS website becuase the visa4uk website redirected me there and all the info was prefilled in. I clicked on next and then basket showed zero value. i clicked next and i was redirected back to visa4uk website saying that this is my IHS number and no payment window came in between. I then went to next step of visa fees and there worldpay window came and i paid for it that seemed ok. Please advice?

adil1980
Newly Registered

Post by adil1980 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:04 am

I also registered with IHS website yesterday at https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start and clicked on new button, then it asked me if i am appying from outside UK, i clicked yes and then it says this.
"You don't need to continue. You need to pay the IHS in your visa application if you're applying from outside the UK."
with no further button to continue. What shall i do? I have got all the other paperwork ready and want to post them tomorrow after our bio-metric tests.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 am

The biometric enrolment is not a test. All you do is give your finger prints and have your photo and signature taken digitally. You can't fail it.

adil1980
Newly Registered

Post by adil1980 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:17 am

@ohara. i know and i was not referring for the IHS charge in relation to the bio-metric test. I want to post the documents to Sheffield tomorrow and i want to make sure that IHS surcharge is paid. I went through application process without paying it - well the system took me step by step. Now i need the link to pay it because i have to mention it on top of the applications that will be checked with visa4uk team if its paid or not.