ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

worried1

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by worried1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:31 am

Migrant workers will need to earn at least £35,000 to qualify for settlement in the UK, says the Home Office.
Home Secretary Theresa May said the change - from April 2016 - would help cut the number of and their dependants granted settlement each year from 60,000 to 20,000.
The pay threshold will apply to people wanting to remain permanently after more than five years working in the UK.
Those who don't qualify will be ordered to leave the UK after six years.
The pay threshold is the first time that a British government has imposed an economic test on the right to settlement in the UK. For decades, settlement has been granted on the basis of length of time living in - and ties to - the UK, recognising that people who have been living in the country for five years have made it their permanent home.
Prime Minister David Cameron says he wants to reduce annual net migration to "tens of thousands" from the current level of around 250,000.
It is aiming to bring the figure, which includes students and the families of visa holders, to below 100,000 by 2015 - a year before the latest restriction is due to come into force.
'Brightest and best'
In a written statement to Parliament, Mrs May said: "Until now, settlement has been a virtually automatic consequence of five years' residence in the UK as a skilled worker. Those who have settled have tended to be less well paid and lower-skilled than those who have not.
"And the volumes of migrant workers settling have reached record levels in recent years."
According to official figures, in 1997 fewer than 10,000 migrant workers and their dependants were granted settlement, but by 2010 this had risen to 84,000.
Mrs May said: "So in future, we will exercise control to ensure that only the brightest and best remain permanently."
The £35,000 earnings threshold will be waived for any "shortage occupations" if official advisers tell ministers that the UK needs more workers with skills or training.
Scientists and researchers in PhD level jobs will also be exempt from the earnings test.
Nicola Dandridge of Universities UK, said: "The government has responded to the concerns... by exempting PhD-level jobs from the new pay threshold for settlement.
"We argued strongly that such international academics and researchers should be made exempt from any pay threshold on the basis that their salaries are not comparable to those of highly skilled migrants working in other sectors.
"If we are to continue to produce Nobel Prize-winning research and groundbreaking work, we must offer a welcoming environment to the best academics from around the world."
The government says it will also restrict the arrival of foreign domestic workers to those who are travelling with their employers, such as diplomats or business people temporarily working in the UK.
Mrs May said: "We recognise that the ODW (overseas domestic worker) routes can at times result in the import of abusive employer/employee relationships to the UK.
Last edited by worried1 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:34 am

worried1 wrote:will need to earn at least £35,000 to qualify for settlement in the UK, says the Home Office.
Home Secretary Theresa May said the change - from April 2016 - would help cut the number of non-Europeans and their dependants granted settlement each year from 60,000 to 20,000.
The pay threshold will apply to people wanting to remain permanently after more than five years working in the UK.
The pay threshold is the first time that a British government has imposed an economic test on the right to settlement in the UK. For decades, settlement has been granted on the basis of length of time living in - and ties to - the UK, recognising that people who have been living in the country for five years have made it their permanent home.
Prime Minister David Cameron says he wants to reduce annual net migration to "tens of thousands" from the current level of around 250,000.
It is aiming to bring the figure, which includes students and the families of visa holders, to below 100,000 by 2015 - a year before the latest restriction is due to come into force.
'Brightest and best'
In a written statement to Parliament, Mrs May said: "Until now, settlement has been a virtually automatic consequence of five years' residence in the UK as a skilled worker. Those who have settled have tended to be less well paid and lower-skilled than those who have not.
"And the volumes of migrant workers settling have reached record levels in recent years."
According to official figures, in 1997 fewer than 10,000 migrant workers and their dependants were granted settlement, but by 2010 this had risen to 84,000.
Mrs May said: "So in future, we will exercise control to ensure that only the brightest and best remain permanently."
The £35,000 earnings threshold will be waived for any "shortage occupations" if official advisers tell ministers that the UK needs more workers with skills or training.
Scientists and researchers in PhD level jobs will also be exempt from the earnings test.
Nicola Dandridge of Universities UK, said: "The government has responded to the concerns... by exempting PhD-level jobs from the new pay threshold for settlement.
"We argued strongly that such international academics and researchers should be made exempt from any pay threshold on the basis that their salaries are not comparable to those of highly skilled migrants working in other sectors.
"If we are to continue to produce Nobel Prize-winning research and groundbreaking work, we must offer a welcoming environment to the best academics from around the world."
The government says it will also restrict the arrival of foreign domestic workers to those who are travelling with their employers, such as diplomats or business people temporarily working in the UK.
Mrs May said: "We recognise that the ODW (overseas domestic worker) routes can at times result in the import of abusive employer/employee relationships to the UK.
2011 maryam
My solicitor was talking about this
He knows exactly what he is doing
With his help my spouse visa appeal was
Overturned before the review in may

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:41 am

worried1 wrote:Migrant workers will need to earn at least £35,000 to qualify for settlement in the UK, says the Home Office.
Home Secretary Theresa May said the change - from April 2016 - would help cut the number of non-Europeans and their dependants granted settlement each year from 60,000 to 20,000.
'Brightest and best'

You've just answered your own question

It says MIGRANT WORKERS

You guys seriously need to reconsider who you go to for immigration advice.

And as for the solicitor who had your case overturned, that wasn't because of him, it was because of your case.

Seriously, read the articles yourself, and stop scaring people!
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:15 am

The requirement after 2.5 years for spouses to extend their visa are £18,600. Same as when you first apply. However, income from both partners are accepted. Which makes it easier :D

worried1

Post by worried1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 am

Beena wrote:
worried1 wrote:Migrant workers will need to earn at least £35,000 to qualify for settlement in the UK, says the Home Office.
'Brightest and best'

It says MIGRANT WORKERS

And as for the solicitor who had your case overturned, that wasn't because of him, it was because of your case.

There is nothing to scare on the article
Another thing my case was very complicates
It was my solicitor who was with me all the way
Some solocitors let you get on with it
But my solicitor helped me to speak to nmy MP
Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
As some people on this site havnt even been
Given a court date for months and i pray they be
Reunited with their spouses
If it was just left to me i would still be waiting
And yes my solicitor even got HMRC involved
And they also helped, my solicitor got all those involved
On which the spouse visa was refused
All gave letters and proof
Against the refusel reasons
My solicitor was determind to get my spouse visa
Yes i did get my visa refusel overturned because of my case
But more to thanks to my solicitor
For his help and determination

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:40 am

worried1 wrote: There is nothing to scare on the article
Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
How much fee did your solicitor charge you for doing everything?
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:02 pm

worried1 wrote:
Beena wrote:
'Brightest and best'

It says MIGRANT WORKERS

Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
The 35k requirement after 5 years applies to Tier 2 (work permit) visa holders.

Spouse visa do not fall under Tier 2.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:36 pm

i.need.help wrote:
asif_sharif wrote:this is utter bullshit even with the help of my MP still nothing!!! :cry: :evil:

he got a reply back from the Executive officer at the HM courts & tribunals service :

sorry for taking so slong blah blah can't give exact date blah blah high demand on tribunal service blah blah appeals can take upto 12 months some cases longer.
But you knew this before you even appealed, that cases can take up to a year plus.

My suggestion to you and stillwaiting123 was to reapply. By now both spouses would have probably been granted visa and settling in the UK. But obviously if one can afford paying the application fees again. If not, then appealing is the best, but slow process.

stillwaiting123 is still waiting, but she's decided to reapply.

You should join the Facebook group, if you haven't, it's good and active.
Everything happens for a reason inshallah reapplying next week everyone please keep me in your duas! 3rd application with priority service
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:19 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
asif_sharif wrote:this is utter bullshit even with the help of my MP still nothing!!! :cry: :evil:

he got a reply back from the Executive officer at the HM courts & tribunals service :

sorry for taking so slong blah blah can't give exact date blah blah high demand on tribunal service blah blah appeals can take upto 12 months some cases longer.
But you knew this before you even appealed, that cases can take up to a year plus.

My suggestion to you and stillwaiting123 was to reapply. By now both spouses would have probably been granted visa and settling in the UK. But obviously if one can afford paying the application fees again. If not, then appealing is the best, but slow process.

stillwaiting123 is still waiting, but she's decided to reapply.

You should join the Facebook group, if you haven't, it's good and active.
Everything happens for a reason inshallah reapplying next week everyone please keep me in your duas! 3rd application with priority service
Inshallah its ur time xx
Visa Refused: 23/4/ 2015
Appeal Submitted: 29/4/2015
Appeal notice issued: 23/6/16
Review date: 6/10/2015
Court hearing: 8/2/2016
Judge decision received: 10/2/2016
Call in Letter: 24/2/16
Submitted PP : 26/2/16
Visa granted: 20/4/16

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:23 pm

worried1 wrote:
worried1 wrote:will need to earn at least £35,000 to qualify for settlement in the UK, says the Home Office.
'Brightest and best'
2011 maryam
My solicitor was talking about this
He knows exactly what he is doing
With his help my spouse visa appeal was
Overturned before the review in may
This has nothing to do with spouse visa as fellow forum friends have confirmed and i think as ppl are stressing out over appeals and hearings/reviews it's better to confirm ur information before scaring everyone its a long process as it is ppl dont need more stress - and i would definitely say that ur solicitor shud know better than to give u false information regarding extension of a spouse visa.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:52 pm

i.need.help wrote:
Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
I.need. Help
My solicitor charged £500 day fee
Letter writing and email £30
Phone calls £35
Visa got refused in november 2015
So from december 2015 to the day visa was overturned
I have been paying my solicitor these fees

worried1

Post by worried1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:53 pm

worried1 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
I.need. Help
Phone calls £35
£500 for 2 hour visit in a day

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:32 pm

worried1 wrote:
Beena wrote:
'Brightest and best'

It says MIGRANT WORKERS

Wrote letters every week
Emailed them

No offence, but "complicated" cases don't really get overturned at the reviewing stage. It's not upto the solicitor to determine whether or not you deserve the visa, it's upto entry clearance officers or the judge handling the case. It's nice of your solicitor to help as much as he did, and you're right, many solicitors don't bother, but please don't mislead people by saying your refusal was overturned because of the determination of your solicitor, as they don't have an influence over the decision. Your refusal was overturned because the eco felt they made a mistake, and you did deserve that visa. Alhamdulillah, you're very lucky.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:37 pm

worried1 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
I.need. Help
Phone calls £35

Wow, that's crazy that he charged you for letters and phone calls!! I thought that'd be included in the fee you pay. Tbh you could've rang your mp yourself and they'd have written letters.. but mashaAllah atleast you've had it overturned.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:52 pm

worried1 wrote:
i.need.help wrote:
Wrote letters every week
Emailed them
I.need. Help
Phone calls £35

Why were you refused??
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:55 pm

worried1 wrote: How much fee did your solicitor charge you for doing everything?
worried1 wrote: I.need. Help
Phone calls £35
So you paid total of £565 ?

At lest the visa was finally granted, so that's great.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

worried1

Post by worried1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:46 pm

i.need.help wrote:
worried1 wrote: How much fee did your solicitor charge you for doing everything?
worried1 wrote: I.need. Help
Phone calls £35
So you paid total of £565 ?

At lest the visa was finally granted, so that's great.

I.need. Help
No it wasnt that cheap
Lol
I appealed in december
3 times a week i paid for couple of hours £500
Emails fone calls
Writing letters
My solicitor visit with me to our MP
No it wasnt cheap
The cost is in thousands
Not just hundreds
Every thing solicitor did he got paid
But all the expense was worth it

worried1

Post by worried1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:04 am

Beena
I did not write it was my solicitor that overturned
The decsion
You are not understsnding the words
Determination is my solicitor was not slacking
He did more then othrr solocitors
His help was much appriciated
He helped alot
Yes my case was complicated
And BHC coundnt proove what they wrote for
Refusel
it took a while to get this paperwork sorted
And with my solicitors determintion we won the reveiw
Some solicitors sit there when u call they give you
A pathetic answere all they want is paying
Some solicitors reallly help and are determind
To win the case
He did everything yes i paid him
But it was worth it
Please beena read the comments properly
Im not saying it in a bad way
Thanks

waseemiqbal

Post by waseemiqbal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:10 am

hi every one
did any 1 with April deadline received any updates??????

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:20 am

No news frm my side but last time i email them they replied that they didnt review it..My deadline was on 13th april
Confusedd_786 any news..?

zeksy1

Post by zeksy1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 am

@nabz30
Did u got any decision as today is ua review deadline..?

Beena

Post by Beena » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:52 pm

worried1 wrote:Beena
I did not write it was my solicitor that overturned
The decsion
You are not understsnding the words
Determination is my solicitor was not slacking
He did more then othrr solocitors
His help was much appriciated
He helped alot
Yes my case was complicated
And BHC coundnt proove what they wrote for
Refusel
it took a while to get this paperwork sorted
And with my solicitors determintion we won the reveiw
Some solicitors sit there when u call they give you
A pathetic answere all they want is paying
Some solicitors reallly help and are determind
To win the case
He did everything yes i paid him
But it was worth it
Please beena read the comments properly
Im not saying it in a bad way
Thanks

I did read the comments properly. Maybe you didn't use the correct vocabulary in order to express your feelings.

No hard feelings! We're all here to help one another.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Nabz30
Newly Registered

Post by Nabz30 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:01 pm

@zeksy1
My review deadline was today But I havent heard from them sadly....

2011maryam

Post by 2011maryam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:02 am

Allhamduliliah finally my hubby gets his visa

This time last year i was refused a spouse visa with a 3 month old baby and refusal i thought i couldn't cope but Allah (swt) got me thru this difficult time i couldn't thank the Almighty enough for all blessings in my life.

I know its a hard time when u are refused but Allah (swt) knows better. Just do dua and pray hard....

Below is my timeline and appeal/hearing dates.

Refused April 2015
Review deadline October 2015
Hearing February 2016

Allhamdulliah visa granted April 2016

I hope everyone is united with there spouses as soon as possible...

MGH
BANNED

Post by MGH » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:46 am

[quote="2011maryam"]Allhamduliliah finally my hubby gets his visa

This time last year i was refused a spouse visa with a 3 month old baby and refusal i thought i couldn't cope but Allah (swt) got me thru this difficult time i couldn't thank the Almighty enough for all blessings in my life.

I know its a hard time when u are refused but Allah (swt) knows better. Just do dua and pray hard....

Below is my timeline and appeal/hearing dates.

Refused April 2015

Congratulations my sister, it's been a long hard journey for you I know, may Allah grant you and your husband a happy and prosperous life together, please pray for me and all other members on the forum, keep an eye on the forum please and help others who have just started on the journey, stay blessed!! :D