ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr (FP) for illegal couple with 10 year old child ..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Flr (FP) for illegal couple with 10 year old child ..

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 am

Hello forum members, I need help for a couple who are both illegal with a 10 year old child (he just got his British passport) , he has two older siblings (don't really matter to this question) I want to ask if it's possible for both mum and Dad to apply on the same form with any sibling who is under 18 years old and get granted? I have checked the internet, this forum and I can't seem to find an instance like this.. ( or maybe I haven't looked well enough) I checked the flr(fp) for and it says "parent" this is where I was getting confused... please do take time out of you busy day to help, thank you..

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Flr (FP) for illegal couple with 10 year old child ..

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:45 am

Hello moderators, Obie, Casa and anyone who can help, I know how annoying it is when we come on this forum asking questions we could be paying a solicitor for, and it can be very annoying to keep answering the same questions over and over again but please , if it was possible for me to just get the answer on another thread I would not even bother asking however these questions are for people who hardly use the internet, I am just trying to help. They have been scammed many times and they want to make sure it's done right this time.. If anyone has an answer to my question, please reply or PM me, or better still if I can get some links . please moderators, I really need your help .. Thanks..

Reus

Post by Reus » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:22 pm

hi evie233,
As per my knowledge its very much possible for both illegal parents to apply if their child has stayed continuously in the uk from birth for that number of years. iknow of a couple who are looking to do samething.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 pm

How long has the 10 year old child been living in the UK? Where were they born?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Casa wrote:How long has the 10 year old child been living in the UK? Where were they born?
The child was born here and has a British passport..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:39 pm

AIUI they would need to show why it's in the best interests of the child to remain, this is especially difficult as both parents have no status.

Have they worked illegally, did they use the NHS?

Tough one, suggest they speak to a good immigration lawyer.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:AIUI they would need to show why it's in the best interests of the child to remain, this is especially difficult as both parents have no status.

Yeah they did work illegally use the NHS ( they are paying back) and wife has a simple caution but their son just turned 10 and he just got his British passport, could they both still apply as parent of a British citizen with right to family life on the same form, or do they have to be separated ( sole responsibility)?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:23 pm

evie233 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:AIUI they would need to show why it's in the best interests of the child to remain, this is especially difficult as both parents have no status.

Yeah they did work illegally use the NHS ( they are paying back) and wife has a simple caution but their son just turned 10 and he just got his British passport, could they both still apply as parent of a British citizen with right to family life on the same form, or do they have to be separated ( sole responsibility)?
As neither parent has status i'm not sure FLR is appropriate here. Maybe Discretionary Leave? I'll leave that for others.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Casa wrote:How long has the 10 year old child been living in the UK? Where were they born?
What do you think? Or anyone with any ideas?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:39 pm

evie233 wrote:
I agree with Wanderer that Discretionary Leave would probably be more appropriate, but this is a complicated case with certainly no guarantee of success.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... __v7_0.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Casa wrote:
evie233 wrote:
I agree with Wanderer that Discretionary Leave would probably be more appropriate, but this is a complicated case with certainly no guarantee of success.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... __v7_0.pdf
Thank you so much for your help, I will definitely pass the message on..