ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rr1987
Newly Registered

Tier 2 application refused

Post by Rr1987 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Tier 2 visa rejected due RMLT not done[/color]

Recently i have changed the employer and got COS from new employer. I went for premium in person appointment today (April 18th 2016) .I was told that my employer did not perform residence labour market test. The reason is that the job has to be advertised in the universal job center or job center plus.

Can someone answer the following questions?

I was under the assumption since cos is issued it automatically passes the labour market test. Can cos be issued without advertising on job center plus or passing the Residence labour market test?

Also they gave visa for my wife and there will not be any refund on the fees that i paid for myself?

How many days i can be without employment to be eligible for ILR as my previous employer cancelled my COS on april 4th 2016?

Is it fine if i go for an appeal stating that how can cos be issued without passing the labour market test?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 application refused

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:20 am

Responsibility of doing RLMT and reporting it lies with the employer. HO system will not automatically check if RLMT was done or not. Employer has to provide RLMT details while generating the COS. I guess the case worker has not seen any RLMT details or was not satisfied with it.

And yes, a RLMT (as defined in the guidance) is required for your application to be successful (unless your job is in shortage occupation list).

I don't think your appeal will succeed if RLMT was not conducted by the employer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:49 am

there will not be any refund on the fees that i paid for myself?
No, you will not get refund of your fee. If you reapply, you will also have to pay the visa fee again.

Unlikely an appeal will be successful as moonlight55 has said.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:50 am

"Also they gave visa for my wife"
What does this mean.. if your wife was your dependent, she cant get a visa while you dont.
ask employer to re-do the rlmt, generate a new cos, you apply again with new cos, pay new fee and get the visa.
Have you received a curtailment letter from ukvi since your old employer cancelled your cos?