ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - Typing Answers to Section 8

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nomadder
Newly Registered

Passport Application - Typing Answers to Section 8

Post by Nomadder » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if I am able to type (rather than hand-write) the answers to Section 8 of my passport application form? (I am applying as a first time applicant (by virtue of obtaining naturalisation), so I need to set out the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage for each of my grandparents.)

The information can be provided "on a separate piece of paper", so I wasn't sure if a typed page is OK or not.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Nomadder on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tripping

Re: Passport Application - Typing Answers to Section 8

Post by tripping » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:38 pm

Since you are a naturalised British citizen, you dont need to provide grandparents details. I wrote unknown on my form.

See Passport section down at the bottom: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

I would rather hand write on the form itself even if the details are required. How massive is your hand written font?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:39 pm

+1 on what Tripping said. You don't need grandparent details if you are naturalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nomadder
Newly Registered

Post by Nomadder » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:41 pm

Ah, brilliant. Thank you both for the quick replies. Much appreciated.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Nomadder wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if I am able to type (rather than hand-write) the answers to Section 8 of my passport application form? (I am applying as a first time applicant (by virtue of obtaining naturalisation), so I need to set out the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage for each of my grandparents.)

The information can be provided "on a separate piece of paper", so I wasn't sure if a typed page is OK or not.

Thanks in advance

Sam
That's fine. I took that approach too. I just referred to the sheet (actually a spreadsheet table) from the 'additional info' section of the form.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Nomadder
Newly Registered

Post by Nomadder » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks, noajthan.

For anyone interested, I submitted my application today at the Post Office using Check & Send. The person serving me said that it's completely fine to type up the page of additional information, if you wish.

leavetoremain

Post by leavetoremain » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:05 pm

I was asked to fill parent's details in section 4 at the post office. If boxes in section 4 is not sufficient then fill in section 8.

The main problem was I was asked to use biro pen for Section 10 (referee) although the form says fill in Blank Ink. So I now have to refill the form. :cry:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Nomadder wrote:Thanks, noajthan.

For anyone interested, I submitted my application today at the Post Office using Check & Send. The person serving me said that it's completely fine to type up the page of additional information, if you wish.
Yep, I submitted a printed page - some dates and some "don't knows".
I also wrote a sentence stating such information is not actually required for naturalised citizens.

At least it will give the caseworker something to talk about at the passport interview.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.