ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BIA'S Interpretation - Day Count

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jes2jes

BIA'S Interpretation - Day Count

Post by jes2jes » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:56 pm

This is an interesting question that came to mind. In terms of BIA's count of absences abroad, do they count the absences as days or months?

Reason I am asking, if a person was absent in the whole of February in a particular year, do the count it as 28/29 days or a whole month?

It will be interesting to know. Thanks and please let me know if you know anything about that.

I was away from the UK from January 01 to March 15 let say in 2000, would it be 2 months and 16 days or (31+29+16=76 days)? Intersting!!
Praise The Lord!!!!

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:32 pm

Days;

Immigration guidance is issued based on days and they count days to confirm if requirements have been met. Half days are not counted, for example if you arrived on a day it is not counted (read the guidance to help you establish how they count). It helps during ILR and nationality applications if you can provide a list of absences with the correct days counted.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:12 pm

try-one wrote:Days;

Immigration guidance is issued based on days and they count days to confirm if requirements have been met. Half days are not counted, for example if you arrived on a day it is not counted (read the guidance to help you establish how they count). It helps during ILR and nationality applications if you can provide a list of absences with the correct days counted.
Try:
Thanks. I checked the guidance for ILR on LRC but it does not say so. It just says list the absences and reasons. I was thinking it should be days since there are 365 days in a year.
You can provide me with a link if you can locate one. Thanks
Praise The Lord!!!!