ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension July 2016

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpingperson
BANNED

Re: Share capital Investment Query

Post by helpingperson » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:11 am

I have read the guidance, what if director loan is not shown in accounts in liabilities but you have actually transferred from personal to business?

This is difficulty I have where I need some ideas/help.

Thank you.

lavildhillon

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Query

Post by lavildhillon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can director take a loan from company by a share capital he transferred to purchase share? If Yes, Does he need to pay money back within three years of Initial grant of visa ?

Please help needed on above matter.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Query

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:39 pm

lavildhillon wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can director take a loan from company by a share capital he transferred to purchase share? If Yes, Does he need to pay money back within three years of Initial grant of visa ?

Please help needed on above matter.

Thanks
I do not know what are going to be the consequences specifically but if you take the money out you did not invest and will get no points on that for your extension.
Generally you need to invest the money to the company for the purpose of it being spent in your business.
Money paid to a company in exchange for shares belongs to the company. If you want to take the money out, you either have to sell your shares or get a loan from your company as a director. You need to return the loaned money back to the company within 9 months otherwise have to pay full corporation tax on it.
Consult your accountant :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Zimba,

Do we only need to submit last year annual accounts if we are applying under Share capital Investment ? or we need to submit all three years accounts ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:02 pm

lavildhillon wrote:Hi Zimba,

Do we only need to submit last year annual accounts if we are applying under Share capital Investment ? or we need to submit all three years accounts ?

Thanks
The year you claimed you invested the money and the years after that. Usually 2 or 3 years annual accounts
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi,

Can we buy ordinary shares in first year of business and transfer the share capital £50K over the period of three years before I apply for tier 1 extension ?

Because in first year accounts, It is showing I have got XX amount of shares and I am in debt of £50K which I need to pay to my company. Will that make sense ?

lavildhillon

Share capital

Post by lavildhillon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi,

Can we buy ordinary shares in first year of business and transfer the capital £50K over the period of three years before applying for tier 1 extension ?

Because in first year accounts, It is showing I have got XX amount of shares and I am in debt of £50K which I need to pay to my company. Will that make sense ?

Thanks

Ameten

Post by Ameten » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:37 pm

lavildhillon wrote:Thanks Zimba !

In my share certificate, It is showing that I have 50,000 shares of £1 each. Will this be the only document I have to provide or I have to provide business bank statements also along with Accounts ?
Please where can someone obtain a share certificate as Company House said they dont issue share certificate. Lavildhillon, please can you advise on how you got your share certificate or anyone with any idea?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:20 pm

lavildhillon wrote:Hi,

Can we buy ordinary shares in first year of business and transfer the share capital £50K over the period of three years before I apply for tier 1 extension ?

You must transfer money in return for shares allocated. This must be shown in your accounts under your name.
Ameten wrote: Please where can someone obtain a share certificate as Company House said they dont issue share certificate. Lavildhillon, please can you advise on how you got your share certificate or anyone with any idea?
Companies house ??? :shock: You are buying shares of your own company, therefore your company must issue share certificate for your. You can find templates online.

Ameten

Post by Ameten » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:16 am

Ameten wrote: Please where can someone obtain a share certificate as Company House said they dont issue share certificate. Lavildhillon, please can you advise on how you got your share certificate or anyone with any idea?
Companies house ??? :shock: You are buying shares of your own company, therefore your company must issue share certificate for your. You can find templates online.[/quote]

Thanks Zimba,
Can someone Please help on which is the appropriate address to send additional document for extension application. The Reason why am confused is because Application was sent to:
Home Office
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

But the address on the reference letter is showing:
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Please which of the addresses is appropriate?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:50 am

You should send your application to the Durham address only.
You are also NOT allowed to add any extra documents as they will be ignored. They will have no effect on your application as HO will NOT accept any documents sent afterwards

If any extra documents is required during the process, your case worker will contact you and ask you to send them to a specific address.

lavildhillon

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Post by lavildhillon » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

HI ALL,

I have a few queries related to business.

1. Can we invest more then £50,000 in business ? If business in need.

2. If in starting we have invested £50,000 via Share capital, Can we invest another £50,000 via DL ?

3. Now If Investment is of total £100K, Do we need to show total investment of £100K or just £50K ?

Please give me your reviews on this..

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:06 am

lavildhillon wrote:HI ALL,

I have a few queries related to business.

1. Can we invest more then £50,000 in business ? If business in need.

2. If in starting we have invested £50,000 via Share capital, Can we invest another £50,000 via DL ?

3. Now If Investment is of total £100K, Do we need to show total investment of £100K or just £50K ?

Please give me your reviews on this..

Thanks
You need to show you invested at least 50K in the form of DL/share in your business. You can invest more than that it is your business.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Post by seasky » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:19 am

Since the introduction of genuine entrepreneurs test there is a subjective side to the assesment. So absolutely show you are a genuine entrepreneur and show all the investment you made. Alsi reference it in covering letter in a positive way (e.g. "I saw a great opportunity for growth and invested....")

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension July 2016

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 am

Keep your TIer 1 E queries in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

lavildhillon

Post by lavildhillon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Zimba,

I have invested £50K via share in first year and another £50K via DL in third year. Can I only submit third year accounts in which it showing investment by DL of £50K ?

Thanks

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi Zimba,

I am ready with application but just a quick question regarding Director loan, as my solicitor advice me about the Director remuneration, So i have invested more than 200k.
Should I put 200k on my director loan or exact amount as per accounts.

Thanks

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:21 pm

kayani2012 wrote:hello zimba
my appear in this format
"Creditors: amounts falling due after one year
Director Investment "

is this ok?
Our accountant is saying software has standard notes and wording, he is not able to change any notes and add our names.

Please advise your experience/understanding on this?