ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant need help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Pregnant need help please

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:17 pm

tanya27 wrote:Thanks. But we have a letter from my mom saying my family has planned to kill me since I'm converting to my partner's religion. So our lives are under threat if we return to our country. Now we have a baby too. So, our application should be considered, right?
Surely the local authorities back home can protect you from this?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:37 pm

iamnew wrote:India is a country with over a billion people and very big geographically. Also inter-religious marriages are very common in India these days and everyone knows this. I will be surprised if UK immigration grants asylum on such a flimsy grounds, goodluck anyway.
I believe this post from iamnew puts a very valid point. In a country the size of India, the CW may take the view that you could settle well away from family and they need never know that you have returned. The birth of your baby isn't really relevant as they could adapt easily wherever you live. You need to consider how the Case Worker will think.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:53 am

Attending asylum interview today. We are hoping a favourable outcome. Can anyone say when we will be given a decision?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Some people have been waiting years for asylum decisions. Did you apply on the grounds that your mother threatened to kill you if you returned to India?

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Ya. But we are saying that my partner is becoming a christian and so his family is threatening us, so it isn't safe for our child there.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Interesting. As said before, India is a big country. In fact it has over 13 times the landmass of the UK.

Still, let us know how you get on. I've been watching this with interest.

tanya27

Post by tanya27 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Ohara, do you think our claim may not be accepted?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:48 pm

I'm no immigration or asylum expert and I don't work for the Home Office. I think you have been given good advice by others in this thread though, some of whom may have first or second hand experience.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 pm

tanya27 wrote:Ya. But we are saying that my partner is becoming a christian and so his family is threatening us, so it isn't safe for our child there.
Rubbish. India is big place, they'd never even know you'd returned. Spurious claims like this may well mean a geniune claimant could suffer.

Bad form.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:25 pm

tanya27 wrote:Ya. But we are saying that my partner is becoming a christian and so his family is threatening us, so it isn't safe for our child there.
So if I've understood you correctly, you were intending to convert to your husband's religion and your mother threatened to kill you. Now your husband's converting to your religion and his family are threatening to kill him? What evidence do you have of this? :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Casa wrote:
So if I've understood you correctly, you were intending to convert to your husband's religion and your mother threatened to kill you. Now you'r husband's converting to your religion and his family are threatening to kill him? What evidence do you have of this? :|
I don't wish to sound offensive and I do sympathise with people who are in genuinely difficult situations.

But it sounds like the OP's desperation to remain in the country is clouding the harsh reality that their asylum claim is weak.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 am

ohara wrote:
Casa wrote:
So if I've understood you correctly, you were intending to convert to your husband's religion and your mother threatened to kill you. Now you'r husband's converting to your religion and his family are threatening to kill him? What evidence do you have of this? :|
I don't wish to sound offensive and I do sympathise with people who are in genuinely difficult situations.

But it sounds like the OP's desperation to remain in the country is clouding the harsh reality that their asylum claim is weak.
You hit the nail on the head ohara. OP is indeed reluctant to leave as feels they will have a 'better life here'. Not sure if you have read the entire thread, but the advice has been the same and consistent since last year when first posted. They arrived here as married a couple of years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:20 am

it all depends on the case worker...if she/he think its a straightforward case u shud get d decision very soon few weeks to a month... however...sometime they cerify d claims n u can only challenge it by judicial review...u have done ur part now just relax and wait for d decision....good luck

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:21 am

I have been watching from the beginning but did not contribute as the advice given by others such as yourself was sound. OP just chose to ignore it and bury her head in the sand hoping that all would be OK.

A simple fee-paying birth on the NHS can cost in excess of £6000. If there are complications then it's more likely to be £10,000.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:09 pm

I don't want to derail this thread, but is your partner genuinely converting to Christianity? I don't mean him going through the motions at the local church (if he is indeed doing even that). I mean, is he actually accepting as Truth all of the basic tenets that are held sacred to Christians and embracing those tenets as his own? Because that part is kind of important if you are claiming asylum based on this reason, especially from a country that does have a significant Christian community spread throughout (my own wife is an Indian Christian) into a country that is majority Christian. I'd hate to think that in using this reason, he is violating right from the beginning one of the most basic rules of that faith (thou shalt not lie).
ohara wrote:... If there are complications (in giving birth) then it's more likely to be £10,000.
That's a very conservative estimate.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
ohara wrote:... If there are complications (in giving birth) then it's more likely to be £10,000.
That's a very conservative estimate.
I did mean to write in excess of £10,000 :)

Portland hospital (the only private maternity hospital in England) charges around £10,000 for the most basic straightforward birth.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:04 am

I don't think you'll be able to get much advice from this board regarding your future applications, as it'll be UKVI you need to convince about this. My only concern is that you seem to be paying alot of money out in solicitor fees etc, without any real benefit. This topic has existed for a long time and the overall consensus has been to advise you to comply with the immigration rules and to not prejudice other claimants who don't have the options in similar/worse positions to your own.

The Asylum claim as mentioned can take a long period of time. Stay in touch with your solicitor and the HO and hope for the best, is the only advice that can be given.