ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diyaabcd
Newly Registered

citizenship query

Post by diyaabcd » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:13 pm

hello all,

I used this site last year when we filed for ILR and it was very helpful. I am filing for my citizenship and if someone cold please help with below query that will be very helpful:

1)I am employed and as per documents required they need my salary slips. I get my salary slips online is it okay to provide a print out or it has to be attested by HR and same for p60s?

2) I had a car accident last year which was dealt with insurance and no police investigation was done. Is there something I need to update Home office about?

many thanks!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: citizenship query

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:24 pm

diyaabcd wrote:as per documents required they need my salary slips.
Where does it say so?
diyaabcd wrote:2) I had a car accident last year which was dealt with insurance and no police investigation was done. Is there something I need to update Home office about?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

diyaabcd
Newly Registered

Post by diyaabcd » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Geriatrix,
thanks for your response.
I received an email from NCS as I have booked appointment and it said if you are employed (one month salary and also that home office also will appreciate P60s provided if possible).
I have this just need to find out if online print will bee okay or I need to get my HR to sign it, thanks!

diyaabcd
Newly Registered

Post by diyaabcd » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:35 pm

here is the excerpt:
- EVIDENCE OF EMPLOYMENT. If you are employed, your P60 and/or a recent payslip. If you have P60’s covering the whole of the qualifying period, the Home Office would be very pleased to see copies of them. Please ensure your tax details are shown on page 9, section 3.5 of the application form.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Nowhere on the application form AN does it ask for payslips/P60's. Employment isn't a condition of British citizenship. The self-employed are required to submit their most recent HMRC self-assessment as evidence of tax paid.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Since this is a "condition" that NCS is dictating, best to check with them.
And do ask them why "they" need you to submit it when it is not required by Home Office for a naturalisation application.

diyaabcd
Newly Registered

citizenship application

Post by diyaabcd » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 pm

guys I have filled my most of my AN form apart from very first question which is:

1.1 please give previous immigration and nationality directorate or border and immigration agency or UK Border Agency or UK Border Agency or Home office reference number.

Can you please advise which one is this?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Keep your naturalisation queries in a single topic.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: citizenship application

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:11 am

diyaabcd wrote:guys I have filled my most of my AN form apart from very first question which is:

1.1 please give previous immigration and nationality directorate or border and immigration agency or UK Border Agency or UK Border Agency or Home office reference number.

Can you please advise which one is this?
If you don't know or don't have one, just leave it blank.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:07 pm

The most recent application prior to a naturalisation application is usually the application for settlement.
Write the reference number of the settlement application, if you have that.

Else, follow ohara's suggestion.