ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse Visa Holder Application!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desperado

ILR for Spouse Visa Holder Application!

Post by desperado » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:55 pm

Hello

My wife came to UK as Spouse Visa holder back in June 2006 (i'm a british passport holder). Her two years visa runs out by end of June 2008. I know I can apply ILR by end of May 2008 for her (4 weeks before visa expiry).

She has been on a holiday to India for 25 days last december. Is that going to be a problem? I heared if you are applying for ILR then you shouldn't be out of country for certain number of days. May I know how many days that is?

Please let me know.

Many thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 pm

Vacation should not be a problem.

Londoner
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:28 pm

I made a successful application last month and received my ILR without any problem.

I had to spend more than 3 months abroad and I was worried that it would be a problem, however time issue wasn't mentioned during the interview at all. The only thing you have to make sure is that you need to show ORIGINAL bills, bank statements etc for the two year period she will have spent in the UK.

As far as I know, your wife is ok as long as she doesn't spend more than 90 days abroad on her spouse visa.

Good luck

douces

Post by douces » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 pm

hi londoner

can you tell me the experience at the peo

desperado

Post by desperado » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Londoner wrote:I made a successful application last month and received my ILR without any problem.

I had to spend more than 3 months abroad and I was worried that it would be a problem, however time issue wasn't mentioned during the interview at all. The only thing you have to make sure is that you need to show ORIGINAL bills, bank statements etc for the two year period she will have spent in the UK.

As far as I know, your wife is ok as long as she doesn't spend more than 90 days abroad on her spouse visa.

Good luck
Thanks londoner. I checked my wife passport and found out that she went to india for her sister's marriage on 15th Jan 07 and came back on 5th april 07. That's just over 80 days so hopefully she should be ok for ILR.

I have bills and bank statement for the last two years for her and all the documents. so its not a problem.

Londoner
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:25 am

Hi douces,

"can you tell me the experience at the peo"

The most important thing I can recommend is that you should put the bills, statements etc in chronological order to make the interviewer's job easier (even though you have to pay £950 :)

Here is the summary,

My wife and I went to Croydon office at 9:00am and we took our baby with us. We were out by 12:30 with an ILR visa stamp on my pasport. First, if your appointment is for 11:00, don't expect to get in any earlier than that, however make sure you are in line 30 minutes before your interview time.

Allthough I had prepared a big binder of bills, bank statements etc. these are the documents the interviewer looked at;

ONLY original statements/bills (Halifax/HSBC Bank, gas, electricity, telephone etc.) ABSOLUTELY no photocopies, if I were you I wouldn't bother photocopying any documents unless you wish to keep the photocopies at home in case they decide to keep your documents temporarily.

We gave 2 joint bank satements (approximately £6,000 savings in total), payroll slips, 2 joint utility bills and statements and bills from approximately 10 sources under both my and my wife's individual names.

The interviewer took 1 statement from each year (2006 and 2007) for each statement/bill etc. and photocopied them. She made some calculations on a piece of paper and wanted to see our baby's birth certificate. No further questions were asked. It was a very straight forward application. Maybe it was due to the fact that my wife was there with me and we have a new born baby.

The interview process took approximately 20 minutes, however getting inside building and waiting for the actual visa to be placed on the passport is the time consuming part (approximately 2 hours maybe less).

I hope this helps...