ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation for wife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

params0073
United Kingdom

naturalisation for wife

Post by params0073 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi,
My wife is going to apply for naturalisation( I need to book an appointment after my ceremony ). I have a question regarding her English level proficiency and not entirely sure how can she prove it ?

She has following but not sure what can be submitted in order to prove it. Can someone please help me out. Document she has are :-

1. Original degree certificate
2. An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC.This was done in 2014 which she user for her ILR(stating degree was taught in English )
3. A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming your qualification is comparable to a UK degree and again this was done in 2014 which she user for her ILR.
4. An official letter from your university/college with her name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.

Thanks
Param

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: naturalisation for wife

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:28 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Thanks for your reply and I know (through FAQ) that she has to supply Naric Letter in order to get citizenship.

I will slightly rephrase my question. You (geriatrix ) wrote in Tier 1 forum

It is yet uncertain if ELA/SOC letters obtained earlier can be used for immigration applications submitted on or after 06-Apr-2016, or whether statements issued by NARIC under their new launched Visa & Nationality Service only will be accepted.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 07294.html

So my question is can she use the old Naric (SoC & ELA) for naturalisation or does she need to apply through new service to get the "official UK NARIC statements" https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... fault.aspx ?

Param

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Why are you reading what I wrote in the "Tier 1" forum when your wife is applying for naturalisation? That was a response for a query regarding an immigration application and your wife is not making an immigration application.
params0073 wrote:I know (through FAQ) that she has to supply Naric Letter in order to get citizenship.
Did you bother reading through the link I provided in my earlier response? If you did and you maintain the above stated perception still, please read the FAQs again - but this time around more carefully.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Yes I did but not very carefully.

Sorry I did thought about it while waking home that she is not making immigration application but by that time I have already posted my question.

Thanks for your help.

Param