ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much time does it take to get NI card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

How much time does it take to get NI card

Post by rckybhardwaj » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:12 pm

Dear Forum members,
I had interview with the NI office in november 2004. They said it would take approx 4 months to process the NI number.
I heard from one of my friend that the NI people told him after his interview they would give him the permanent NI card on teh same day.
The NI office has given me a reference number and they said they have a procedure to give NI card.
But I was tensed up as my friend told me that he would get his NI card on the same day.
Please let me know if any one has got NI card on the same day after the interview and if any one has got NI card after some months after the interview.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:40 pm

I doubt that you can get NI card on same day.
I got mine in 6 weeks time.
And i think they say to issue NI card in 6-7 weeks not in 4 months.
If you don't get ur NI card in 7 weeks call them up.

Ajay

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:13 am

Thanks Ajay for your message. It really relieved my tension.
As you say it takes 6-7 weeks, that was before the month of may. After may when new nations from Europe joined in Euro, there was heavy influx of people in the UK. That is why now it is taking approx 4 months.
Once again thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

bani

Post by bani » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:28 pm

Hi, I had my NI interview in the 2nd week of Dec. and they told me they'll post the permanent number in 3 months. I hope it doesn't take much longer than that!

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:51 am

Hi Bani, Happy to see you actively participating and guiding HSMP aspirants like me in the forums. Just eager to know how your job trials are going? Were you able to find a job yet? was it in your field of expertise or are you doing it for a temporary period?

Taikoo..

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:14 pm

hi taikoo, i had a job offer before i got the hsmp approval (secured it as a tourist last summer) so it has been relatively easier for me since i arrived.

i just spoke with our payroll division earlier and they did confirm it is taking 12 weeks to get the NI number.