ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Naturalisation - Few Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigars143
Pakistan

After Naturalisation - Few Questions

Post by jigars143 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:31 pm

Dear Members,

I am applying for my naturalisation this week. I have a few questions regarding the stuff I am planning for afterwards. The background of my case is that I am only son of my parents who live alone in Pakistan.
As it is literally impossible for me to call them over to live with me I am planning to move from the UK. My son 1 yr old is British Citizen but my wife is on her 1st extension of FLR(M) and due 2nd extension in 2017. The questions are below:

1. As soon as I get my British Passport, is there any sort of restrictions for me to stay within UK? I am planning to move to UAE side so at least my parents will be with me.

2. If I plan to move back to UK in few years time, how will this affect us with my Wife's visa...Will she get FLR(M) again and start all over again as she will be out for a few years...

3. When I get my British Citizenship...can I apply for my Wife's ILR after she actually has three years in the UK? She arrived in July 2013. To Put in simple words...If I have British Citizenship in July 2016 when she can have her ILR?

We are just worried because there is no one with my parents and want to ensure the best possible way for us....

Please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: After Naturalisation - Few Questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:35 pm

1. As soon as I get my British Passport, is there any sort of restrictions for me to stay within UK? I am planning to move to UAE side so at least my parents will be with me.
No
2. If I plan to move back to UK in few years time, how will this affect us with my Wife's visa...Will she get FLR(M) again and start all over again as she will be out for a few years...
She will have to start from scratch again and will have to meet whatever the requirements are at that time for a spouse visa.
3. When I get my British Citizenship...can I apply for my Wife's ILR after she actually has three years in the UK? She arrived in July 2013. To Put in simple words...If I have British Citizenship in July 2016 when she can have her ILR?
No, she needs 5 years residence before she can get ILR if she applied/was granted a spouse visa AFTER 9th July 2012. She will only qualify for ILR in 2018 but once she has ILR, she would be able to apply for citizenship immediately without having to wait 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Thank you CRO01 as always for such a quick response...Just a quick question....

1) How long my wife can stay out of country in a given year?

2) If she goes in August this year for 90 days when can she go next?

Probably it is in our best interest that we keep going to Pakistan one by one until 2018 when she gets her citizenship?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:56 pm

There is not absence limit for spouse visa holders although absences should be limited and for good reason.

For ILR, she will only have to declare absences of 180 days or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi CRO01,

One more question on this...

Once my wife has ILR, she will be entitled to citizenship straight away...will any absences of more than 180 in a calendar year matter (if we give a valid reason)

Also, how do Home Office Calculate absences...for example if she is abroad for 180 days from September 2016 to February 2017 will she be allowed another 180 days after February 2018?

Hope this makes sense....

Thanks for your help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:26 pm

The absences for citizenship are very different to ILR. Do not confuse the two. ILR and citizenship are different laws/rules.

For citizenship, if she applies on the basis of 3 years spouse of BC, the absence limits are no more than 270 day in the 3 years immediately before application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately before application.

She also needs to make sure that she was physically present on the exact same day (3 years ago) to the date that she submits her application.

Suggest you concentrate on her current visa process and getting her ILR first. Any of the rules can change and what I have said above is relevant to the rules as they are now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jigars143
Pakistan

Citizenship Eligibility

Post by jigars143 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 am

Dear Mwmbers,

Just a quick question. I have now been granted british citizenship and my ceremony is in May after which I will apply for my passport.

My question is that my wife who came 3 years ago in June 2013... will she be eligible for british nationality/ILR soon after i have got mine? As she will be here for 3 years. She is currently on FLR(M)

Your help is always appreciated.
Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Citizenship Eligibility

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:36 am

jigars143 wrote:My question is that my wife who came 3 years ago in June 2013... will she be eligible for british nationality/ILR soon after i have got mine? As she will be here for 3 years. She is currently on FLR(M)
No, because ILR is a requirement to apply for citizenship and ILR is only possible after 5 years (with the exception of people who applied before July 2012). Once she gets ILR, she can immediately apply for citizenship (provided you are a British citizen by then).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Eligibility

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:30 am

Your spouse is on a 5 year route to ILR from the date that she switched to FLR(M) because you applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence. There is not quicker route for her, she will need 2 x 2.5 year FLR(M) visas before she can apply for ILR. If she applied on FLR(M) in 2015, she will only qualify for ILR based on FLR(M) in 2020.
by jigars143 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:36 am

At last received the documents. Post office tried delivering them yesterday but I wasn't home. Just got them from them now.

My Time line is below:
Application sent: 28/10/2014
Biometric received: 19/11/2014
Biometric enrolled :20/11/2014
Decision Date: 07/02/2015
Doc Return: 11/02/2015
Biometrics Card: awaiting

Thanks to all in this forum for your kind help and useful info
Char (CR001 not Casa)