ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Albanian ILR evidence for appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vicky1234567
Newly Registered

Albanian ILR evidence for appointment

Post by vicky1234567 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Hello
I got married to my Albanian fiance 6 months ago and we are now living happily in UK with him on a 2 year spouse visa. We recently read through the SETM application form and started to create a folder with evidence. I know a while off but thought it was best to start now.

Since being in the UK he has opened 2 bank accounts, registered with a Doctor, got a NI number, got his name on the council tax bill, full-time/ permanent job. I have evidence for all of this (including confirmation letters, bank statements etc.)

All the other utility bills are in my name and tennancy agreement (using his surname on all correspondences) . Do you think this is a problem for ILR appointment? I know you need 20 pieces but am concerned we don't have enough in joint name (only council tax). He actually pays for everything as I am unable to work due to medical reasons.

We actually got married in Albania with our marriage certificate issued there, is there any legal thing we need to do in UK to tell people we are married?

I would really appreciate any advice, experiences, guidance.

Many thanks :)

thesaint

Post by thesaint » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:27 pm

I am not an expert and a lot of people here will be more helpful
from my previous experience I think this documents will be alright the 20 documents it could be as well your names individually linked to the same address as an example your nhs medical cards etc…

For the marriage certificate it would be ideal if you have an official translation for it and it doesn’t matter if its from Albania or the uk
I had my marriage certificate translated in my home country and it has been accepted

also its a good idea to change your passport and other documents with your new name .all what you need is to send your marriage certificate to the passport office and when you get your passport changed you can start changing your name in other documents

Nothing to worry about and good luck

vicky1234567
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234567 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Thanks for that, some of the bills are already coming addressed to me (Mrs **** and his surname) with his surname so that is good and all the correspondences are addressed to the same address. I also have a support worker - do you think its worth them writing something?

Do you know where I could get the marriage cert. translated and do you have to get it stamped by a solicitor?

Any help most appreciated.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:30 pm

am concerned we don't have enough in joint name
Why? A careful read of the guidance will show that it is not a requirement for anything to be in joint names. When my own wife got her ILR absolutely nothing was in joint names. No problem, ILR issued.

But also not a problem if documents are in joint names.
We actually got married in Albania with our marriage certificate issued there
When the spouse visa was applied for you supplied not just the Albanian original but also a translation into English? Proceed to do that in the UK, always supplying the original and the translation together ... never separately.
John

vicky1234567
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234567 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks John that has really help reassure me about bills etc. in joint names.
Do you think reading my first message that I will have enough suitable evidence in 2 years?

The marriage certificate from Albania is in many languages including English.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Do you think reading my first message that I will have enough suitable evidence in 2 years?
Given that you know the requirements, and no doubt will check up how you are doing every six months or so, I really would not expect you to have a problem.

Just consider all the possibilities! For example insurance polices .... house .... life .... car! And even things like car breakdown cover ... AA, RAC or the like. Indeed I suggest the more you look at the guidance on the form the more you are likely to say ... oh yes .... that as well!
The marriage certificate from Albania is in many languages including English.
Fine, unlike our Thai marriage certificate, just in Thai, where a translation always needs to be supplied when the marriage certificate is needed.
John