ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS application via the visa4uk webiste

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anon87
Newly Registered

SS application via the visa4uk webiste

Post by anon87 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:44 am

Hey

If you look at my previous topics youll see that I am interested in applying for my husband to move to the UK with me.

I am the the british citizen(sponsor) and my husband is the non EEA who has been living in Spain for 9 years or so and I have been living with him in Spain since we got married in August 2013.

So we have put together our paperwork and think wed like to give it a shot!

My husband has signed up on the visa4uk website to make the application (as we know it has to be made by him) We both know that the visa we apply for is a EEA Family Permit visa (VAF5) however the visa4uk website doesn't quite have it set out like that and determines your visa based on 3 questions.

I managed to screen print the 3rd question which has the options, I would be right in selecting husband here?? I cant see any other option that would be applicable but it just worries me incase it determines a different application, because you don't get told, it just generates and you continue answering the questions until the end and then you submit.

A confirmation or thumbs up from anyone would just give me the peace of mind :D thank you!
Attachments
image1 (1).JPG
the options given to determine visa type
image1 (1).JPG (37.44 KiB) Viewed 743 times

noajthan

Re: SS application via the visa4uk webiste

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:48 am

What are other options to the first 2 questions?

'Settlement' rather smacks of UK migration route rather than EU route.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

anon87
Newly Registered

Post by anon87 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:50 am

also in addition to the above.

towards the end of the application it asks if my husband is exempt from the english language requirement to which he selects no (what makes you exempt anyway?)

Does this mean he has to do a english language test? Is this part of the EEA family permit? Its the first i've ever heard about their being a test? :?:

Thanks

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:55 am

You are clearly looking at a UK visa and not EEA family permit. There are no language or income requirements for EEA route applications.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am

anon87 wrote:also in addition to the above.

towards the end of the application it asks if my husband is exempt from the english language requirement to which he selects no (what makes you exempt anyway?)

Does this mean he has to do a english language test? Is this part of the EEA family permit? Its the first i've ever heard about their being a test? :?:

Thanks
You seem to have got onto the wrong track through that website.

There are English tests for various UK visa applications.

There is no such requirement for the more liberal EU-route and FP.

Again, suggest review your answers to the first 2 questions on that website & look for options that steer you onto EU route.

anon87
Newly Registered

Post by anon87 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:06 pm

noajthan wrote:What are other options to the first 2 questions?

'Settlement' rather smacks of UK migration route rather than EU route.
Ive just tried clicking all the options rather than just going by what my husband said.

Yes, he clicked the wrong options.

Let me attach the options here.

I believe the option for my husband would be:

Other
EEA/SWISS Family Member
Family Member of EEA National?
Attachments
image1 (5).JPG
option 1
image1 (5).JPG (29.68 KiB) Viewed 697 times
image2 (1).JPG
option 2 but it is determined by choice made in 1
image2 (1).JPG (29.81 KiB) Viewed 697 times
image3.JPG
determined by choice in option 3
image3.JPG (33.64 KiB) Viewed 697 times

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:21 pm

That looks more like it on the basis that you are a 'proxy EEA national' by virtue of your SS sojourn in Spain.
You have passed the first test.

Suggest printing off a paper copy of the form to practise on; it will give you a preview of the questions on the online form.

Use the paper version provided for N.Koreans:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-vaf5

anon87
Newly Registered

Post by anon87 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:27 pm

noajthan wrote:That looks more like it on the basis that you are a 'proxy EEA national' by virtue of your SS sojourn in Spain.
You have passed the first test.

Suggest printing off a paper copy of the form to practise on; it will give you a preview of the questions on the online form.

Use the paper version provided for N.Koreans:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-vaf5
Yep it does, proxy EEA natoinal :roll: British citizen living in spain? deffo think that passes (for now) haha

Also I have the paperform which I tried showing my husband, but Mr know it all went and started filling out the WRONG application form online from work and texts me saying, ive done the application check it out :shock: ME: yeah well done, its wrong :!:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 pm

anon87 wrote:...

Also I have the paperform which I tried showing my husband, but Mr know it all went and started filling out the WRONG application form online from work and texts me saying, ive done the application check it out :shock: ME: yeah well done, its wrong :!:
Obviously he's keen but be aware HO tend to play hardball and won't (always) tolerate innocent and honest mistakes.
Patience is a virtue when dealing with HO (also: meticulous attention to detail verging on the obsessive).

Suggest keep scans/copies of all documents submitted plus printout of the form - for reference and in case of any dispute/appeal.

Ariba ariba!