ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subject access request ( SAR) experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

foufou

Subject access request ( SAR) experience

Post by foufou » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:31 pm

I sent my application for sar to request my personal data hold by the home office on the 15/04/2016 , I'm still waiting for the outcome .
please can u share your experience how long is take the home office to response to your request ?
I know it should be 40 days but what the home office saying is different from what they doing :?
thanks

Malik44

Re: Subject access request ( SAR) timeline

Post by Malik44 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:01 am

40 days means you have to wait upto 40 days. You just send your request one week before and waiting for outcome ? :?
its mostly arrive in between 30-40 days time.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Subject access request ( SAR) timeline

Post by ohara » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:44 am

Mine took 6 weeks to arrive.

jay100
Newly Registered

Re: Subject access request ( SAR) experience

Post by jay100 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:50 pm

ohara wrote:to
Hi Ohara

I want to request mine too as I cant find one of my passports, did it have all of your travel details (entry and exit dates) want to make sure the correct dates I traveled?

Thanks in advance..

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:56 am

Actually it had none of my travel details. I have an EU passport though, and I haven't been outside the EU since 1996 I think.

I've travelled to EU countries probably 5/6 times in the last 10 years, but passport obviously isn't stamped or really even checked with this type of travel.

jay100
Newly Registered

Post by jay100 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I will ask other group members if any one can help.

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:25 pm

jay100 wrote:I want to request mine too as I cant find one of my passports, did it have all of your travel details (entry and exit dates) want to make sure the correct dates I traveled?
It will have a copy of your landing cards, so you can find out your entry dates.

To the best of my knowledge, the Home office does not have the exit data because till very recently, there were no exit checks.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm

I am going to apply for a Subject Access Request and I have few question about the form. I would like to give them as much information as I can in order to help you in the process.

Section 1 - Home Office Reference.
I did receive DCPR last week and there are few numbers on it. Which is my Home Office Reference Number in the card?

Section 1 - Port Reference.
What would be in this case the Port reference number?

Section 1 - Please list all reference numbers issued by...
Should I put all my reference numbers of my DCPR here?

Section 6 - Previous Immigration Applications
Can I add also here my DCPR application?
Last year I had a daughter and I applied for a British Passport. My wife and Me are EEA exercising the EC Treaty Right for more than 5 year. Should I add this reference too?

Section 6 - Entry into UK
Port: would it be for example Luton Airport?
Method of Entry: would it be for example Flight?

Thanks in advance.
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

eyalcin
Newly Registered

Post by eyalcin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:27 pm

foufou wrote:I sent my application for sar to request my personal data hold by the home office on the 15/04/2016 , I'm still waiting for the outcome .
please can u share your experience how long is take the home office to response to your request ?
I know it should be 40 days but what the home office saying is different from what they doing :?
thanks

When did you receive the files at the end and what did they consist exactly? (everything you expected?)

Sherlock1993
Newly Registered

Post by Sherlock1993 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello i am looking for some help. I am Currently living in the uk working and i am trying to get my british passport. Only problem is my previous Irish passport and my birth certificate details dont match up as they mismatched a letter in my name from A to O. Does anyone know how i could recieve all my irish passport details from the irish passport office to show the British passport office without flying over. I heard theres a subject access form i can do but i was wondering does that work for any passport office.

Thanks for any help.