ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General ILR - PBS Calculator removed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saravanan_n
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General ILR - PBS Calculator removed

Post by saravanan_n » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Dear Experts,

I am going for same day premium appointment for Tier 1 General ILR on 25 Apr 2016. I booked this appointment in March 2016. From March till last week when I checked, it says, if my degree taught in India is recognized in Points based calculator, then it is sufficient for English language requirement. I got this confirmed from UKBA helpline as well many times earlier. I took the printout and kept it with me.

But today, when i checked points based calculator, it says PBC is no longer available and redirected me to UK NARIC site to get the confirmation letter from UK NARIC. To be precise, this is what the website says:
Starting on 6 April, www.naric.org.uk/VisasAndNationality is the new designated service supporting individuals applying for UK visas or for settlement in the UK, provided by UK NARIC on behalf of the Home Office.

This is a shock as PB Calculator was working when i checked just two weeks back. As my appointment is on monday [2 days from now], I could not get any confirmation letter from UK NARIC now as they would take 15 days to provide the letter.

Please can you share your views in this case?

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General ILR - PBS Calculator removed

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Maybe reschedule your appointment.
Get a letter from NARIC.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saravanan_n
Newly Registered

Post by saravanan_n » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Thanks geriatrix.

I again checked the lates SET-O guidance note from this location now: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

It points me to the document: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -in-the-uk
for english language requirement. In that it clearly says, they should accept Points based calculator printout.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:25 pm

That document was last updated in December 2015.
If you wish to apply on the basis of what that document states and risk being refused, please do so. It is your money and choice!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi,

I also have an appointment next month due which i have taken english test and passed so i will submit english test certificate as a proof to make this matter simplified.

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:05 pm

hi
It would be better to get the letter from NARIC and reschedule your appointment.

Again the question is which certificate you would get.

I ordered Eng lang assessment but now some people saying, we also need to get Comp of statement.

So all confusion at my end also.

plz Keep posted

navin

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:40 am

saravanan_n wrote: I could not get any confirmation letter from UK NARIC now as they would take 15 days to provide the letter.
Thank you.
There is also faster service of both 48 hrs and 24 hrs, of course at premium high rate
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 am

I have an appointment in the first week of May and I have done extensive research on this.

I had got ELA done from Naric only in the first week of April for both myself and my wife hence ideally did not want to again do a Visa and Nationality from Naric.

Have called Naric 3-4 times and Homeoffice multiple times. Have also written a mail to homeoffice on public enquiry and infact got a reply from them.

When you speak to Naric or homeoffice you will not get a convincing answer either way that can enable you to make risk free decision. There is an element of risk that you carry. The mail reply from home office also mentioned to get assessment done from Naric and provided a link that points to Visa and nationality service.

The bottom line is if you want to be absolutely sure then reschedule your appointment and Get the assessment from Naric done as part of Visa and nationality service. They commit to 1 10 working days turn around and there is no way to further speed it up as there is no fast track service for Vida and Nationality assessment.

This is what I have done. Paying £300 (in my case it is me and my wife) is better than loosing the entire ILR fees IMHO. Ultimately it is your call.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Jacob

navinw

Post by navinw » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:14 am

thanks for your reply jacobs.

I have another question as you mentioned that you went for NARIC visa and nationality service(Introduced on 6april), which provides two letters like English assessment and Comparability.

how it is different from ordering two separately?
As i ordered English assessment last month and not sure which service should i apply for?

Can i just order comparability by paying £56 or again spend £300 for NARIC visa and nationality service

any suggestions.

will the NARIC visa and nationality service will help in future for naturalization as well ?

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 am

navinw wrote:thanks for your reply jacobs.

I have another question as you mentioned that you went for NARIC visa and nationality service(Introduced on 6april), which provides two letters like English assessment and Comparability.

how it is different from ordering two separately?
As i ordered English assessment last month and not sure which service should i apply for?

Can i just order comparability by paying £56 or again spend £300 for NARIC visa and nationality service

any suggestions.

will the NARIC visa and nationality service will help in future for naturalization as well ?
When you speak to Naric typically what they tell you is Visa and Nationality assessment output = ELA + comparability

But if you look at their website it does say that the assessment contains more details etc. Also if it was as simple as the above there was no need to introduce another service they wd have just asked us to get both ELA and comparability.

There is no point in us speculating or applying logic. We have to do what they have written in paper.

I took 3 days to get over it but there was no peace hence decided to order the visa and nationality finally.

You have to take your own decision.

Cheers,
Jacob

saravanan_n
Newly Registered

Post by saravanan_n » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Dear All,

For the benefit of folks who have same scenario as mine:

I got my Tier-1 General ILR Approved today [25-Apr-2016] with PBS Calculator print-out. Please note that SET-O guidance note still says [as far as today] PBS Calculator print-out is valid.

My view is if you have a PBS calculator printout [taken before PBS Calculator was removed], and SET-O notes says PBS Calculator is valid on the day you apply, you should get your ILR.

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Post by anoops1984 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 pm

saravanan_n wrote:Dear All,

For the benefit of folks who have same scenario as mine:

I got my Tier-1 General ILR Approved today [25-Apr-2016] with PBS Calculator print-out. Please note that SET-O guidance note still says [as far as today] PBS Calculator print-out is valid.

My view is if you have a PBS calculator printout [taken before PBS Calculator was removed], and SET-O notes says PBS Calculator is valid on the day you apply, you should get your ILR.
Congrats saravanan. Glad you took the risk and the result was good. Enjoy the freedom :D

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:26 pm

heartiest congratulation saravanan and thanks for information
related question: Which option did you check in section 4.3 of SET(O)?
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

navinw

Post by navinw » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 pm

congratulation saravanan :-)