ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA EXTENDED FAMILY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jolia
Newly Registered

EEA EXTENDED FAMILY

Post by Jolia » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:37 am

Good morning all
Im coming to query about my daughter in Africa. I was mysefl granted 5years visa as a family member of an EEA NATIONAL through my brother in law married to my sister. We applied for my daughter who is 7years old now to come here 2years but she was refused the visa. We appealed and it was refused again and the judge said its my brother in law who is meant to support her financially which my lawyer did not tell me. I was the one sending money to her.
Can you please tell me what to do now simce she is living with a friend since my mum who was looking after her had passed away
Thank you

noajthan

Re: EEA EXTENDED FAMILY

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:58 am

Jolia wrote:Good morning all
Im coming to query about my daughter in Africa. I was mysefl granted 5years visa as a family member of an EEA NATIONAL through my brother in law married to my sister. We applied for my daughter who is 7years old now to come here 2years but she was refused the visa. We appealed and it was refused again and the judge said its my brother in law who is meant to support her financially which my lawyer did not tell me. I was the one sending money to her.
Can you please tell me what to do now simce she is living with a friend since my mum who was looking after her had passed away
Thank you
Unfortunately for your situation it is EEA nationals who can sponsor extended family members. Dependents cannot sponsor their dependents.
There is no limit on the distance of the relationship between the EEA national or their spouse ... and the extended family member as long as they can provide valid proof of the relationship between them.
More here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
- see page 19+ on dependency
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA EXTENDED FAMILY

Post by Obie » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Well the judge should have considered Article 8 in those circumstances.

But in regards to the regulations, the decision seems correct.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors