ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application Form

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Easy Tiger

OCI Application Form

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi , I have a inquiry about the OCI application which I'm help my wife with who has just recently got Naturalised as a British citizen , got her British passport and today recieved her surrender of Indian passport certificate. I have filled out the form online , upload the photo & signature which I think ive done correctly but it was accepted online and the documents -

British passport
Naturialisation certificate
Surrender certificate

The problem I have is on the form where it asked if the spouse has a OCI card which I do but do I enter the passport no & issue date of my new British or previous one that has the OCI visa and book. Can anyone clear this up for me which I would appreciated.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Re: OCI Application Form

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi , would anyone who has had Simlair problems with the OCI forms answer my question. Also do I need to Include any family member details who already have OCI .

Thank You

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:26 am

Hi, I would really appreciate it if any one could answer question about the OCI form.

Thanks you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:43 am

The form asks for OCI details, not your passport details - provide the OCI no., when was it issued and where.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi , thanks for your reply much appreciated. This is my wife OCI application , it does ask if I have OCI which I do and the following :

19. SPOUSE OCI NO :
20. SPOUSE PASSPORT NO :
21. SPOUSE PASSPORT ISSUE PLACE :

22. SPOUSE OCI ISSUE DATE :
23. SPOUSE PASSPORT ISSUE DATE:

My OCI visa is in my previous British passport which expires in JULY 2016 but I had it renewed earlier in January 22nd 2016. So when it asked for my passport details do I enter my previous British passport details where my OCI visa is , which also has my previous British passport no on it.

Sorry to go on about just need this clarified.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:58 pm

i must be mistaken then! Apologies!! :cry:

Since OCI U visa sticker is no longer issued and the form doesn't ask for the details of passport which contains U visa sticker, I believe you should provide details of your current passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Easy Tiger

Re: OsCI Application Form

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi , I upload the photo & signature for OCI application which I hope I have done correctly which meet the requirements. when I uploaded them both and there was crop tool that allowed u to resize the signature & photo but if the online system accepts the upload doses that mean I meet the requirements.

The signature I upload looks like small retangle box inside the signature box on the OCI form. How would I be post a copy of signature on here.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Re: OCI Application Birmingham ?

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu May 05, 2016 12:07 am

Hi Im currently helping my Aunty in Birmingham with her OCI application. She got her British nationality in 1983 and currently has British passport but kept her last Known Indian passport dated 1973 but never traveled on it and surrender it. In at the consulate general of in India and received the following :

• Acknowledgement of declaration of Renuncation of Indian
Citizenship certificate. (Dated October 2015)

Now do I need need a affidavit from a solicitor to go along OCI appliaction. On the certificate mentions above the following was stated

'The last known Indian passport wasn't surrendered and claimed as lost/misplaced , however the passport other then the most recent mentions above bearing no *********** date of issue 1973 , place London was produced'

Apart from the nationality certificate , passport copy application , two photos , declaration form what is missing from this OCI application.

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu May 05, 2016 12:40 am

Hi , I would really appreciate reply to my last question as Aunty will be submitting her OCI application in Birmingham with in the next two days !

Thank you

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Thu May 05, 2016 8:30 am

Hi , could anyone with kowledge or experience be so kind and have a look at my question and see if they help clarify.

Thanks