ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When will they me send back the Originals?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

When will they me send back the Originals?

Post by FLR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:14 am

Hello all,

I sent HO my application on 14th Mar, they charged my credit card on 16th Mar. From then onwards, I have no idea about my application. It is approaching a month's time now.
1. What do you say should I do now? (Wait or Send them an email asking about my reference number)
2. When will they send me my originals back?
3. It is still confusing whether they send both the decision letter alongwith originals or they send first originals and then the letter?

I have to plan some other things based on these questions, your response will be of great help.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:51 am

Hafeez,

You are trying to get to the UK and Canada at the same time?.....HSMP will presumably keep your originals until such a time when they have made a decision or when your originals are not required by them..

Dont go on asking them to send you the originals because you wanna file an application for Canada :oops:
Where there is a will there is a way.

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:04 pm

Chess,

For your information, I had already applied for Canada Immigration in late 2001 but as you know it takes 2 years to get immigration. I was waiting for the same that I was told that I can also apply for UK Immigration as they have relaxed the rules, so applied for that as well.
Now that Canada immigration has asked me for the originals they are there with them. Now I am looking for those docs to arrive to send it to them(Canada).
I am confused what to do now? It is for sure that I will either get both the immigrations or none.
What would you do if you in the position similar to me? :?:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:27 pm

What would you do if you in the position similar to me?

Very Tricky.....I will just wait, and possibly Advice the Canada people that you are 'trying' to find your originals and try to buy some time!!!

If you withdraw your originals from the HSMP team before a decision is reached...it is tantamout to withdrawing your application.

The choice is yours..and good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:35 pm

Right, very tricky!
Do you want to say that I should fax them saying that "I will send you the originals in a month's time due to blah blah blah...".
By the way, they have informed me that they will process my application on it's turn as they have placed my application in the queue. Now I don't know what do they mean by that?