ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamers315

Refusal of Visit Visa

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:12 am

I am inviting my Aunt to UK to visit me and my family for 5 months and also do a bit of sight seeing. I am a British citizen since March 2015. My Aunt is unemployed so i mentioned that i will be sponsoring my aunt's visit, her living expenses during her stay in UK for 5 months etc. My uncle has deposited around 3,00,000 Indian rupees( which is around £3000 GBP) into my aunt's saving account and we provided her last 6 months bank statements as part of her visa application process. We thought we can show this as a finance just like a pocket money for my aunt while she is in UK say to buy gifts and i am not sure what went wrong.

I have attached the response from home office.

Can any one clarify this please?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Refusal of Visit Visa

Post by noajthan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:17 am

dreamers315 wrote:I am inviting my Aunt to UK to visit me and my family for 5 months and also do a bit of sight seeing. I am a British citizen since March 2015. My Aunt is unemployed so i mentioned that i will be sponsoring my aunt's visit, her living expenses during her stay in UK for 5 months etc. My uncle has deposited around 3,00,000 Indian rupees( which is around £3000 GBP) into my aunt's saving account and we provided her last 6 months bank statements as part of her visa application process. We thought we can show this as a finance just like a pocket money for my aunt while she is in UK say to buy gifts and i am not sure what went wrong.

Thanks
Can't see any attachment.

5 months is a long time for a bit of sightseeing.
And you need to show auntie will go home at end of trip. For example, what she does or has at home to draw her back home.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 am

There is no attachment.

5 months is too long, and it would seem on face value they are no quantifiable reasons to return, the keys to a sucessful visit visa application.

Reapply, show reasons to return, (property, husband, kids etc) and to visit for 2/3 weeks, 5 months is far too long and immediately one supposes, sets the ECO's spidey senses tingling.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:42 am

This is the decision that my aunt received from home office.

The Decision:

I have refused your application for a visit visa because i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 A-E of appendix V: immigration rules for visitors because:

I recognise that family visits are important. I must consider the information regarding your sponsors support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. to consider whether or not i am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules i must assess your own personal and financial circumstances.

You stated that you were unemployed and had no income. you stated that your nephew was paying for your visit. you have submitted a bank statement as evidence of your financial circumstances from bank showing a closing balance on 31/03/2016 of Rs 301973 (£3145)/ From 23/02/16 onwards i noted that Rs. 300000 (£3125) was deposited in the account. the deposits are not consistent with the history of account. the source of these funds is not not known and your bank statement therefore does not satisfy me that the money is genuniely yours. you proposed to spend 5 months in the UK sight seeing and this doest not appear to be credible given the lack of evidence of your circumstances. i am not satisfied therefore that you have presented an accurate picture of your economic or social circumstances in india which leads me to doubt of your intentions in the UK. therefore, your application is refused under Appendix V 4.2 (a-e) of the immigration rules.

Query 1 - Source of Income:

My uncle transferred or deposited the money worth of Rs 300000 (£3125) into my aunts bank account. So to prove the source of income can we provide a letter from uncle stating he has transferred Rs. 300000 into her wife bank account and also attach transaction slip/ details ?

Query 2 - Do we need to show more than Rs 300000 (£3125) in the bank account?

I am going to sponser the to and fro tickets and travel for my aunt, all living expenses during her stay in the UK for 5 months , so the actual money that my aunt is bringing in from india is just a pocket money for adhoc expenses like buying gifts. So do we really need to show the bank statements along with her application or is the sponser letter along with my 6 banks UK payslips and bank statements showing sufficient funds should be fine?

Do we need to provide any thing other documents for this refusal?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:52 am

noajthan wrote:
dreamers315 wrote:I am inviting my Aunt to UK to visit me and my family for 5 months and also do a bit of sight seeing. I am a British citizen since March 2015. My Aunt is unemployed so i mentioned that i will be sponsoring my aunt's visit, her living expenses during her stay in UK for 5 months etc. My uncle has deposited around 3,00,000 Indian rupees( which is around £3000 GBP) into my aunt's saving account and we provided her last 6 months bank statements as part of her visa application process. We thought we can show this as a finance just like a pocket money for my aunt while she is in UK say to buy gifts and i am not sure what went wrong.

Thanks
Can't see any attachment.

5 months is a long time for a bit of sightseeing.
And you need to show auntie will go home at end of trip. For example, what she does or has at home to draw her back home.
So i do understand 5 months is too long for sight seeing and that's why we have clearly mentioned my aunt will be spending most of her 5 months time with me and my family/kids. Along with this as she is the first time visiting UK i was planning her to take her around London monuments. I am not sure what made the home office to think she is just coming her for touring UK for entire 5 months.

We mentioned the below information in the activities in UK section of travel information:

Mostly spending time with my nephews family in london. Also Going around London covering the majortouristicattractionslikeTowerofLondon, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Madame Tussauds, Oxford Circus shopping etc - Vist Hindu temples such as Neasden, Birmingham Venkateshwara temple and East Ham Murugan temple.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:57 am

UKVI casts a suspicious eye over suddenly deposited funds, it's a popular ruse to garner faith in a solid-looking application, only for the funds to be transferred back immediately after a visa is granted. Since there is no pattern of regular deposits, no letter from anyone is going to persude the ECO that money won't be transferred back.

And again, 5 months is too long for a visit.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Wanderer wrote:There is no attachment.

5 months is too long, and it would seem on face value they are no quantifiable reasons to return, the keys to a sucessful visit visa application.

Reapply, show reasons to return, (property, husband, kids etc) and to visit for 2/3 weeks, 5 months is far too long and immediately one supposes, sets the ECO's spidey senses tingling.
The reasons to return back to India - We did enclose the below documents for the same

1) Registered land document in India which is on my aunt name.
2) Pension book of my uncle
3) my aunt and uncle are living in their own house in india but they didnt have a home registration document instead they had revenue record document / Chitta document to prove the land and house built on that land belongs to my uncle. This document shows the survey number , owner name and land details.

Do you think above documents suffice?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Remember the visit visa has a VALIDITY of 6 months, doesn't mean it allows a visit of six months, two or three visits or 2/3 weeks over the validity period would be the way I'd go.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:UKVI casts a suspicious eye over suddenly deposited funds, it's a popular ruse to garner faith in a solid-looking application, only for the funds to be transferred back immediately after a visa is granted. Since there is no pattern of regular deposits, no letter from anyone is going to persude the ECO that money won't be transferred back.

And again, 5 months is too long for a visit.
Thanks for your response. your point is very much valid.

Say my uncle gives a letter stating that he has deposited the money to my aunts bank account along with proof of evidence - will this be suffice?

Do we really need to submit bank statements from india even though i am sponsoring my aunt (which includes to and fro travel, living expenses while she is in UK, tourism activities while she is in UK etc) ? When we reapply can we just remove my aunts bank statements from application documents?

yes i agree 5 months is too long for a visit - This is pretty much visiting my family after a very long time so i wanted my aunt to be with me for decent amount of time. We did mention this the reason why i am helping my aunt in income and expenditure section of the application form

"My nephew has requested to come and stay with him and the family and spend some quality time during this summer . Its been a while since we last met so i am very much excited to meet him and his family."

Sorry One more dumb question - is there a separate application visitor form for tourist (2-3 weeks) and family visits (long visits like 5 months) ?

Thanks

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Wanderer wrote:Remember the visit visa has a VALIDITY of 6 months, doesn't mean it allows a visit of six months, two or three visits or 2/3 weeks over the validity period would be the way I'd go.
Thanks for your response.

Actually the reason to apply the visa is not tourism but to visit my family in the UK. So in fact if you apply for family visit visa you can be in UK for less than equal to 5-6 months? right?

I do understand if you apply as a tourist then for sure 5 months doesnt make sense.

Please clarify.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:24 pm

dreamers315 wrote:Sorry One more dumb question - is there a separate application visitor form for tourist (2-3 weeks) and family visits (long visits like 5 months) ?
They have combined these categories to standard visitor.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:39 pm

vinny wrote:
dreamers315 wrote:Sorry One more dumb question - is there a separate application visitor form for tourist (2-3 weeks) and family visits (long visits like 5 months) ?
They have combined these categories to standard visitor.
I thought so. Thanks again for clarification.

Do we really need to submit bank statements from india even though i am sponsoring my aunt (which includes to and fro travel, living expenses while she is in UK, tourism activities while she is in UK etc) ? When we reapply can we just remove my aunts bank statements from application documents?

Thanks

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Wanderer wrote:Remember the visit visa has a VALIDITY of 6 months, doesn't mean it allows a visit of six months, two or three visits or 2/3 weeks over the validity period would be the way I'd go.
Can we reapply but this time for just 6-8 weeks instead of 5 months and do you think that is reasonable for a visit visa (especially visiting family in the UK) ?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:01 pm

dreamers315 wrote:
Can we reapply but this time for just 6-8 weeks instead of 5 months and do you think that is reasonable for a visit visa (especially visiting family in the UK) ?

Thanks
Possibly, it's hard to second guess the ECO.

We recently got a visit visa for my partners mother, just expired, we said visit was for 2 weeks, she came 2 weeks in Nov., then one week in April.

I'm 100% sure we'll get another one now since the pattern has been set, the ECO sees 5/6 months as an intended visit, to him/her that's potentially someone looking to spend half their time in the UK. Best to start small.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello Experts,

i'm plannning to reapply my aunt application for visitor visa

I have few clarifications and this time i want to make sure her application should go through fine

In Employment section:
What is your employment status? My Answer is Unemployed

In Income and Expenditure section:

1) Do you have another income or any savings? - I do not have any other income or savings

2)How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK? - What should the value here because i am going to sponser my aunt.

3) How much money do you spend each month? - My anut is living with my uncle and uncle is retired government employee and they both are living with his pension income that is credited every month. My aunt is unemployed so not sure what would be the value here?

4) Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit? - YES

5) Who is paying towards the cost of your visit? - Someone I know (for example, family or friend)

6) How much money will they be paying towards your visit? - What should be the reasonable value here ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Hello Experts

One more important clarificaiton

Do we need to use which of the below application forms to apply for Family Visit visa?

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

or

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... visit-visa

Thanks

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:47 pm

dreamers315 wrote:Hello Experts

One more important clarificaiton

Do we need to use which of the below application forms to apply for Family Visit visa?

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

or

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... visit-visa

Thanks

Can any one help me with this ?

Thanks in advance
Rajesh

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Rajesh,

As your uncle is giving your auntie money (deposited into her account), he is essentially sponsoring this visit along with you. So you need to include his financials (Bank statements, pension letter, etc) and a letter to confirm that he is indeed sponsoring this visit and hence transferrred xxx amount to her account on xxx date.

Also get your auntie a travel insurance for the said period.

As others have pointed out, 5 months is too long for a visit. Ideally, it should be for 2-3 weeks and of course it can be multiple times within the 6 month period if allowed.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:18 pm

vignezh wrote:Rajesh,

As your uncle is giving your auntie money (deposited into her account), he is essentially sponsoring this visit along with you. So you need to include his financials (Bank statements, pension letter, etc) and a letter to confirm that he is indeed sponsoring this visit and hence transferrred xxx amount to her account on xxx date.

Also get your auntie a travel insurance for the said period.

As others have pointed out, 5 months is too long for a visit. Ideally, it should be for 2-3 weeks and of course it can be multiple times within the 6 month period if allowed.
Thanks for your response Vignesh.

Actually my aunt is not spending any single money for this family visit to UK and i am the one who will sponsoring her travel, her stay in the UK, her living expenses in the UK and even the little outing/tours in London will be sponsored by me. We have kept the bank statements and her land registration documents in india as part of Visa application because we want to show the strong ties for her with India.

Also i dont understand when everyone says 5 months is too long, Guys this is a family visit and she is coming to visit a family member and the intention is not for tourism in the UK. In the 5 months visit she will be going out one or two days to london to see monuments that's all. I reckon there is a real difference between general visitor visa (short trip for tourism like 2-3 weeks) and family visit visa (up to 6 months to visit your family in the UK) right ?

Let me know if i'm wrong.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Five months is not a visit, in fact it's almost tax resident.

No-one is twisting your arm but I can say between us, my partner have applied for about 10 visas and none have been refused because we've never for want of a better expression 'tried it on' but pushing it. If any further doubt search this very sub-forum for other refusals in a similar vein.

YMMV.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Wanderer wrote:Five months is not a visit, in fact it's almost tax resident.

No-one is twisting your arm but I can say between us, my partner have applied for about 10 visas and none have been refused because we've never for want of a better expression 'tried it on' but pushing it. If any further doubt search this very sub-forum for other refusals in a similar vein.

YMMV.
Ok. The reason i am confused was i was able to bring my parents in 2015 for around 5 months visit to UK without any issues. Also my parents have come in 2011 for 4 months visit without any issues as well. In both cases i have applied into "FAMILY VISIT VISA" instead of "GENERAL VISIT VISA" and home office accepted the same.

AFAIK, I guess recently both general visit and family visit visa got merged into single category/visa application form as "STANDARD VISIT VISA"

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:00 pm

dreamers315 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Five months is not a visit, in fact it's almost tax resident.

YMMV.
Ok. The reason i am confused was i was able to bring my parents in 2015 for around 5 months visit to UK without any issues. Also my parents have come in 2011 for 4 months visit without any issues as well. In both cases i have applied into "FAMILY VISIT VISA" instead of "GENERAL VISIT VISA" and home office accepted the same.

AFAIK, I guess recently both general visit and family visit visa got merged into single category/visa application form as "STANDARD VISIT VISA"

Thanks
Yorkshire Ripper killed 13 women and got caught the 14th time.

Not saying anyone is a serial killer here although statistically one of us is. And eight of us are gay, so remember guys, rubber up.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Will update here once i receive successful visas. :-)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 pm

As others have already mentioned, it is important to be able to convince the ECO that your auntie will be leaving UK after the sho the short visit. You know (from personal knowledge) that she will leave UK. She knows that from her personal circumstances. But the ECO has only the documents to go by. The ECO wants to see some compelling reasons that she will leave UK. It is this part of the puzzle your auntie has to complete. You as a sponsor has very little influence in the process. Thousands of visitors visit UK every year. And not all of them would have been sponsored by their relatives. But most of them visit for a few weeks. Visa is issued for six months though.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

dreamers315

Post by dreamers315 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:10 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:As others have already mentioned, it is important to be able to convince the ECO that your auntie will be leaving UK after the sho the short visit. You know (from personal knowledge) that she will leave UK. She knows that from her personal circumstances. But the ECO has only the documents to go by. The ECO wants to see some compelling reasons that she will leave UK. It is this part of the puzzle your auntie has to complete. You as a sponsor has very little influence in the process. Thousands of visitors visit UK every year. And not all of them would have been sponsored by their relatives. But most of them visit for a few weeks. Visa is issued for six months though.
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

For maintenance/financial circumstances :
Since i am sponsoring my aunt, do you i think if i show my payslips/bank statements and sponsorship letter then there is no need to show my aunt's bank statements (she is unemployed).

Regarding my aunt going back to India on time : We are planning to show land registration documents on her name and also on my uncle's name. This includes the land/home registered on my uncle;s name in india. Also planning to get a networth certificate from a chartered accountant to prove that she will leave UK on time. Make sense?