ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP: Earnings calculations

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reverra
Newly Registered

HSMP: Earnings calculations

Post by reverra » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:19 am

Hi,
I need help w.r.t. the following three points:
===============================================
1. How to calculate earning related points if someone has stayed for equal durations in different locations? What is the basis for prorating the income and calculating the corresponding points?
I have stayed for equal durations in three different countries in the past one year (4 months in Netherlands, 4 months in India and 4 months in UK). I am currently in the UK and wish to apply for HSMP. How do I go about calculating my earning related points?
2. Do the case workers see Gross or Net Salary? My net salary was zero for three months as I had taken an advance from my employer for foreign travel.
My net salary for 3 months during my stay at India was zero as I had taken a travel advance in foreign currency from my employer. The salary slip does show my gross salary in INR but net salary is zero. After repayment of the advance, I started getting my normal salary and subsequently moved to the UK. I am getting my regular salary in GBP now. I can arrange for a letter from my HR with proper reason for zero net salary during the three months in the past. Do you think I still run the risk of HSMP rejection if I apply now? The guidelines state that case workers see the gross salary only.
3. Do I need to show english language profeciency for my spouse also? Which form and guidelines should be used? Are there any new guidelines?
I heard that the HSMP rules are being changed. When will the new rules come into effect?
Your timely help is highly appreciated.
Thanks!

vnvijay

Re: HSMP: Earnings calculations

Post by vnvijay » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi,

y dnt you refer paul's link for the below questions.

Vijay
reverra wrote:Hi,
I need help w.r.t. the following three points:
1. How to calculate earning related points if someone has stayed for equal durations in different locations? What is the basis for prorating the income and calculating the corresponding points?
I have stayed for equal durations in three different countries in the past one year (4 months in Netherlands, 4 months in India and 4 months in UK). I am currently in the UK and wish to apply for HSMP. How do I go about calculating my earning related points?
2. Do the case workers see Gross or Net Salary? My net salary was zero for three months as I had taken an advance from my employer for foreign travel.
My net salary for 3 months during my stay at India was zero as I had taken a travel advance in foreign currency from my employer. The salary slip does show my gross salary in INR but net salary is zero. After repayment of the advance, I started getting my normal salary and subsequently moved to the UK. I am getting my regular salary in GBP now. I can arrange for a letter from my HR with proper reason for zero net salary during the three months in the past. Do you think I still run the risk of HSMP rejection if I apply now? The guidelines state that case workers see the gross salary only.
3. Do I need to show english language profeciency for my spouse also? Which form and guidelines should be used? Are there any new guidelines?
I heard that the HSMP rules are being changed. When will the new rules come into effect?
Your timely help is highly appreciated.
Thanks!

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Hiya,

Prorate the Gross Income earned in all three locations separately to 12 months... i.e., income earned in India prorated to 12 months, income earned in the Netherlands prorated to 12 months etc. Now assess each of the three incomes against the country band and determine the points and the case that is most favourable to you will be considered by the caseworker.

The Gross Income is used for points calculation. The net income is what should be reflected in your bank statements, if provided.

No idea when the changes will come into effect. We are all waiting...

Cheers.