ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rescheduling PEO appt

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitasha8

Rescheduling PEO appt

Post by nikitasha8 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:54 am

Hi All

Please can someone help me with rescheduling PEO appointment. I have got my appointment on 11/05 however I am not eligible to apply for ILR until after 4 June. I am trying to reschedule my PEO appointment to get on or around 6th June. But when I try to look for appointment I can only see next 10 available appointment which are from 28th Apr, 11 May (with additional charge) and 8 appts from 14 May with additional charge. System has an option saying show 10 more appointments but when I click on it, I get the same dates again. Can someone please help me understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Rescheduling PEO appt

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:33 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 am

You are not doing anything wrong, its just that they have changed the system so that the people looking to change appointments have only got visibility of limited slots, where as if you are booking a new appointment then you get a wide range (I created another account from a different email and tried it).

You can either cancel your existing appointment and book a new one around end of May, but note that the refund will take about 4 weeks to reach your account.

Or you can wait till closer to the 11th May and keep changing it until you reach the 4th June date. You can change an appointment 24 hours before.

I booked an appointment on the 15th March at £1900 and as I'm waiting on HMRC to get back to me, I have been postponing my appointment, now I have one on the 12th May but will change it to 16th May when a slot is available.

Cheers

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks for your reply sifanaeem ...I will try to do that but the fact that it is only showing the appointment with additional charges which means I will have to pay for rescheduling the apt? Also quick question to you, as you have booked under old fees, which I have done the same thing not realising the 28 days rule, do you think we will be asked to pay the additional fees at the time of application. I am concerned as my app is very straightforward and don't want any problem or refusal because of wrong fees.

This is all getting on my nerves but knowing I am not alone in the situation makes me feel better.

Thanks

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 am

I'm not sure what 28 day rule you are referring to.

According to the people who have paid the old fees and used the new set O forms and gone to the appointment after fees increased have not been asked to pay on the day.

As you will be going in person, worst case that can happen is they will ask you to the pay the difference but will not cause your application to be rejected.

Yes the £63 might have to be paid on the day or when you actually change the appointment, I'm not sure. They are playing dirty tricks by mainly displaying only the slots with an additional charge.

Nothing to worry here for you, keep checking couple of times a day and keep extending till you get your date.

Cheers

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:41 am

Hi sifanaeem

The 28 days I am referring to is that my visa expires on 02/07 so technically I ma eligible to apply from 4th June. I did not realise this and booked an appointment on 15th March for 26th April thinking I can avoid new fess by applying bit early. However, I then realised that I cannot apply in April and will have to wait till June. Hence I have to now reschedule which is so stressful for me.

Anyway can you let me know your experience about fees once you have attended your apt so that I can prepare myself.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 pm

It is too early for dates in June. It appears that now dates are only available 20/28 days days in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Not sure what your circumstances are, but usually you can apply 28 days before the eligible date.

But as CR001 said, June dates are not available yet.

Cheers

sifanaeem

Post by sifanaeem » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:43 pm

By the way I noticed that the dates beyond 17th May is grayed out for me, that make me suspicious to think if we can't extend the appointment beyond 2 months.

They have released appointments to the whole week starting 16th May.

Hopefully the HMRC will amend my records and get back to me before then. If not I will have to book a new appointment at a higher rate.

Cheers

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:04 am

Hi sifanaeem

Yes I think that we will not be able to reschedule after 17th May as all dates after 17th have been greyed out. Have you managed to reschedule or will you booking another appointment. Even if I try to book a new apt, I can see date's in June yet. I am not sure if I should leave it till 10 May to see if I can reschedule after that date or shall I just cancel and rebook once June dates are available? If my appointment is 11 May when is the last day I can cancel without loosing £100 booking fees.

Also, it will be good if anyone who has booked an appointment after 18th March can tell if they can see dates after 17th May to reschedule an appointment.

Thanks