ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minatox
Newly Registered

Refused Citizenship

Post by minatox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi , so My mum applied for British Citizenship but was refused due to bad character as she came to this country as a refugee on the 3rd of march 2009 but applied for asylum in July. We have sent letters asking them to re consider the decision but was refused also. They have also said not to refund the money. However seeing as my mum suffer from medical issues such as depression due to war etc , she is mentally unstable and is entitled to benefits. After paying almost over £2000 for this application and was refused , she has lost most of her money that she saved up. Is there any way to get this money back ? Maybe seeing my local MP ? or something that is possible to make this application successful or even to get some of the money back. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refused Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:53 pm

No. If application fees are not returned if the applications are refused. It is gone.

What is her current status and does she have ILR? If she has ILR she can claim benefits.

See the link below that Amber put together.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 84190.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

minatox
Newly Registered

Post by minatox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Thanks for your reply , Yes she has indefinite leave to remain. She also applied before the new law came into place but was refused and said she can apply after 10 years again. The reason she was refused was due to bad character as she did not apply for asylum within 1 month when she came into the UK.

Also I'm 17 , How would i be able to get a British citizenship ? Do i have to wait 10 years also ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 pm

What is your immigration history and current status?

The 10 years is counted from when your parent/you legalised your stay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

minatox
Newly Registered

Post by minatox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:47 pm

What do u mean by immigration history ? . Sorry im kind of new to this :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:50 pm

How and when did you come to the UK? What is your current visa status in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:01 pm

OMG depression from war! Britain is in trouble if anyone is claiming asylum as a result of war.

We shall all see.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

minatox
Newly Registered

Post by minatox » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:08 pm

CR001 wrote:How and when did you come to the UK? What is your current visa status in the UK?
Came to UK in 2007 , My dad used to live here so he was able to get us to come and live with him but my mum and dad are separated now. I'm able to stay in the UK but I'm not allowed to travel back to my country (Srilankan) , well my mum is not allowed.

And also it was not just depression from war , its other stuff too which I'm not comfortable talking about.

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Wise wrote:OMG depression from war! Britain is in trouble if anyone is claiming asylum as a result of war.

We shall all see.
Dear Mr. Wise - that is totally uncalled for. You have no right to judge other people's situation. Please refrain from such abrasive comments. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:49 pm

JohnnyZee wrote:
Wise wrote:OMG depression from war! Britain is in trouble if anyone is claiming asylum as a result of war.

We shall all see.
Dear Mr. Wise - that is totally uncalled for. You have no right to judge other people's situation. Please refrain from such abrasive comments. Thanks.
+1 totally agree.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:50 pm

minatox wrote:
CR001 wrote:How and when did you come to the UK? What is your current visa status in the UK?
Came to UK in 2007 , My dad used to live here so he was able to get us to come and live with him but my mum and dad are separated now. I'm able to stay in the UK but I'm not allowed to travel back to my country (Srilankan) , well my mum is not allowed.

And also it was not just depression from war , its other stuff too which I'm not comfortable talking about.
What is your current visa status in the UK?

Did you have a visa when you entered the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

minatox
Newly Registered

Post by minatox » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:38 pm

Yes , I had a visa when i came to this country and still do.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Mon May 02, 2016 5:39 pm

This is for so call two of you who is given each other credit over your reply. I think be quite is the key here as many of you don't know how HM operate. You only like to prove what is not practicable in the eye of HM especially when you are not using lawyer in any applications. Also to add to your understanding i am not judging the OP but you guys who cannot even advice on how to get the money back.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.