ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applyng for BC passport without my current SL passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shace26

Applyng for BC passport without my current SL passport?

Post by shace26 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:34 am

Hi All

Is there a way to apply for BC passport without sending my current passport?

I just got my approval letter for naturalisation, I currenty work in netherlands and my work visa in netherands(NL) is also expring on 25/4/2016

If i can apply for BC passport without my current passport i can still travel to NL and extend my NL visa while being there.

any ideas or if anyone have faced similar situations please share/advise

Thank you in advance

Shace

noajthan

Re: Applyng for BC passport without my current SL passport?

Post by noajthan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:20 am

shace26 wrote:Hi All

Is there a way to apply for BC passport without sending my current passport?

Shace
All current passports have to be submitted. HO (HMPO) wants to see who you are.

It would make sense to sort out visa if you need to do so then sort out British passport later.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:25 am

Also, bear in mind that after the ceremony you will have to return your BRP within 5 days . If you intend to travel, it will be an issue to re-enter the UK.

shace26

Post by shace26 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:30 pm

Thanks for the reply...

looks like i have to wait till i get my annual leave to apply for the BC passport.

Shace

shace26

passport interview without the letter???

Post by shace26 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:53 am

Hi

I applied for british passport on 22/04/16 and i just called 03002221000 and told them i need to travel
on 9/5/16 and they have given me a interview date on 29/04/16

i dont have any documents apart from the intial reference number given by the post office, is this the reference number for the appointment and can i just go for an interview without the documents and the letter???

can anyone let me know?

thank you
shash

shace26

Re: passport interview without the letter???

Post by shace26 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:23 am

I called the passport office(03002220000), they are saying i need to wait for a letter which will have a reference number, also my application is on the queue.

when i called the passport interview number(03002221000), they are saying i can still attend the interview with the post office reference number???

i am really confused, can any seniors advise me.

thank you

tripping

Post by tripping » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:14 pm

Thats cutting it real fine.

The letter is an official invite to the interview with your reference details, and in a way showing it at the interview centre proves that you are a legitimate person attending the interview from a security perspective. But since they have your details on the system already by allowing to book you in (i guess), dont see how you should have problems, purely from an admin perspective. Hopefully your letter arrives before your interview date, but if the travel is crucial, make a judgement call and just attend anyway with whatever documentation you have ie post office reference details, text message from passport office that your application has been received (if you have it). Worse case is they ask you to reschedule it until you have your letter. Bit of a conundrum this one.

shace26

Post by shace26 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:22 pm

thanks for u reply, can anyone tell me do we get a new refrenece number from the passport office or is it the same as the one given in the post office???

if its the same one then i dont see a problem, however if they issue a new reference number and i attend an interview with a diffrent reference number this may alos lead to delay....

anyway my interview is on 29th, I dont think i will get the documents before that,

If someone could tell me if both reference numbers are same(post office check and send and the passport ref number) then hopefully i can go for the interview.

thank you

abz

Post by abz » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:35 pm

shace26 wrote:thanks for u reply, can anyone tell me do we get a new refrenece number from the passport office or is it the same as the one given in the post office???

if its the same one then i dont see a problem, however if they issue a new reference number and i attend an interview with a diffrent reference number this may alos lead to delay....

anyway my interview is on 29th, I dont think i will get the documents before that,

If someone could tell me if both reference numbers are same(post office check and send and the passport ref number) then hopefully i can go for the interview.

thank you
I had applied for my passport ONLINE and it generated me application reference number online, so what i can assume if u sent your application via post, passport office must write you a letter with ur application ref.

There is another thing i almost didnt get my supporting documents back before the interview but when i called HMPO they gave me my delivery reference number for DX, and when i called DX with that ref number i found out they tried to make a delivery to my address but it was failed attempt so they needed to make sure from me if it was a correct address, anyway, its worth asking HMPO where ur supporting documents are and if there are able to confirm your application ref number for passport interview.

Regards.

shace26

Post by shace26 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:18 am

Went to the interview on friday(29/04/16)

the question were bit wierd for me.
my backround i did my Bsc in 2003/2005 went to Sri lanka came back in 2006/2007 did my MBA and went back to SL came in 2009 on tier-1 and moved to netherlands
on work permit after getting ILR.

all my questions were based on what i did when i was a student(2003 - 2007) and rest of the questions most of them were based on what i am doing now in nethrlands.

its not hard, but one thing for sure they know everything about you, hence prepare a little bit and also dont get tense when anwering the quesions.

below were some the questions i can remember.

1. your full name and can you spell it
2. date of birth
3. when did you come to uk first time
4. which university did you study
5. why did you switch course and move to university
6. when did you get married
7. where are you currently working
8. where is your wife working
9. Do you travel a lot for work
10. which coutries do you travel
11. how far is your childrens schook from home
12. how old are your children and what are their age?
13. do you walk to school/bus or drive?
14. when did you get married? and where?
15. why did you come to portsmouth when you live in london?
16. where do you stay in netherlands / czech?
17. your job specification and explain your job
18. how often do you come home (UK?)
19. how does your wife manage without you?
20. do you have morgage
21. house is rented? if so who is the letting agent?

well thats all i cam remember, got a SMS the passport have been dispatched so hopefully i should get it within next 2 days.

Shace