ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport, help needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LondonStrawberry

Applying for British Passport, help needed

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Hi dear members,
I am sorry if someone already asked the same questions before.
I am applying for British Passport but got stuck on couple of questions on form.
1: uncancelled passport: I have two passports of same country one is expired on which I arrived in UK and other is my current valid passport. Do I need to send both passports or the expired passport comes under cancelled passport?
2: Grand parents details: My parents were born abroad and this means I have to fill in the details of my grandparents. But unfortunately I do not have their details what I should do or fill in the form?
Your help and guidance would be highly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
AS

noajthan

Re: Applying for British Passport, help needed

Post by noajthan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:54 pm

LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi dear members,
I am applying for British Passport but got stuck on couple of questions on form.
1: uncancelled passport: I have two passports of same country one is expired on which I arrived in UK and other is my current valid passport. Do I need to send both passports or the expired passport comes under cancelled passport?
2: Grand parents details: My parents were born abroad and this means I have to fill in the details of my grandparents. But unfortunately I do not have their details what I should do or fill in the form?
Kind Regards,
AS
1) If the old one is only expired then send both. Expired is not necessarily Cancelled.

:idea: Pro tip:
Make sure the names on them match the name on your naturalisation certificate and also the name you plan to use & get your first British passport in.

2) Grandparents' details are not needed for naturalised applicants.

Fill in as much as you can, if you wish, (it will give something to talk about at passport interview);
or else state something like: "N/A" or "Not Known"
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:29 pm

noajthan wrote:
LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi dear members,
Kind Regards,
AS
1) If the old one is only expired then send both. Expired is not necessarily Cancelled.

:idea: Pro tip:
Make sure the names on them match the name on your naturalisation certificate and also the name you plan to use & get your first British passport in.

2) Grandparents' details are not needed for naturalised applicants.

Fill in as much as you can, if you wish, (it will give something to talk about at passport interview);
or else state something like: "N/A" or "Not Known"
Hi,
Thank you for your kind reply. Can you please share the link about that granparents details?
Kind Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:52 pm

No need to send expired passport.
Expired passport is deemed cancelled when a new one is issued to replace it.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:17 am

LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi,
Thank you for your kind reply. Can you please share the link about that granparents details?
Kind Regards,
What link? If you are a naturalised citizen, you don't need to provide grandparents details. That part is only for those who are British citizens by descent.

Just write "unknown" in the boxes. I believe noajthan did that himself on his passport application!

LondonStrawberry

difference in dates on pp form and sending application

Post by LondonStrawberry » Mon May 02, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi dear members,
couple of questions to ask:
1: I filled my first adult passport application form on 25april 2016 and got countersignatory on the same date as well. Now I am sending my first passport application tomorrow means 8 days later of filling up the form. Does it make any difference? or is it okay? I had my ceremony on 29th april.
2: What I need to write in Place of issue of naturalisation certificate? my ceremony held in Hatfield.
Kind Regards,
A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: difference in dates on pp form and sending application

Post by CR001 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:48 am

1. Should not be an issue, though would have been better if dated on or after you ceremony.

2. HOME OFFICE LONDON - as it appears in capitals in the centre of your certificate. Date is the date of your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:32 pm

geriatrix wrote:No need to send expired passport.
Guidance notes clearly state that you need to submit all uncancelled passports. Are expired passports considered cancelled? Is this true that we do not need to submit expired passports specially those that were not used for entry or stay in the UK?

LondonStrawberry

Re: difference in dates on pp form and sending application

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue May 03, 2016 9:06 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Should not be an issue, though would have been better if dated on or after you ceremony.

2. HOME OFFICE LONDON - as it appears in capitals in the centre of your certificate. Date is the date of your ceremony.
Thank you. I think I should get a new form filled.
Kind Regards

LondonStrawberry

Post by LondonStrawberry » Tue May 03, 2016 9:07 pm

ohara wrote:
LondonStrawberry wrote:Hi,
Kind Regards,
What link? If you are a naturalised citizen, you don't need to provide grandparents details. That part is only for those who are British citizens by descent.

Just write "unknown" in the boxes. I believe noajthan did that himself on his passport application!
Thank you

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:31 am

geriatrix wrote:No need to send expired passport.
Do we need to provide all expired passports at the time of JCAP application or only the passports used for travel and stay in the UK? Please help.