ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applications from the Caribbean and their timelines

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bubaloo
Newly Registered

Applications from the Caribbean and their timelines

Post by Bubaloo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:05 am

Hi all,

I haven't found many posts for people applying from the Caribbean and their timelines.

I put through my husbands application on the 17th March 2016 and he did his Biometrics in Kingston on the 24th March 2016. I received an email that his application was recieved by Sheffield on the 5th April 2016 and was waiting to be assigned to a ECO. I had to wait until the 12th April 2016 to send off my supporting documents as I was waiting for changes to be made on two documents and also for our baby to be registered to add her birth certificate in the folder.

I just wondered how everyone else is getting on with their applications and how long they had to or have been waiting for a decision to be made.

SoHopeful

Re: Applications from the Caribbean and their timelines

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 am

My husband applied in Kingston back in 2013 when processing was still done there... 90+% of applications were done within 60 working days and ours was the same. I haven't heard much from those applying in the Caribbean as you've said since processing was moved to Sheffield.

I found this page helpful... it provides stats for processing times in recent months. It's not in real time but will give you some idea of what to expect https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... settlement. Unfortunately it seems the move to Sheffield has increased waiting times.

Bubaloo
Newly Registered

Re: Applications from the Caribbean and their timelines

Post by Bubaloo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:47 pm

Thank you SoHopeful for the link, times have definitely increased. I remember my solicitor showing my the same page and a few months ago it only showed up to 60 days.