ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant of ILR Holder, Renewal - Success

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependant of ILR Holder, Renewal - Success

Post by kiran3313 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:16 pm

Hi All,

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation, I could not find answers to queries I had on this forum so thought I would share my experience.

Main Applicant moved from Tier 2 General to ILR. Meanwhile spouse and kid still on Tier 2 general dependant visa.
Applied for renewal online as Tier 2 Dependant category (though I have ILR they will still be considered Tier 2 dependants until they qualify for ILR), process was quite straight forward.
Documents submitted according to the checklist i was given during application process were Passports, Biometric cards and Bank statements showing funds for 90 days(funds for just my wife and kid not for myself as I am on ILR - confirmed by UKBA helpline), no other document.

Posted the documents and biometric cards received within less than 3 weeks. A priority service would cost additional amount and would be process within 10 days if you really want to speed up the process.

One important note on Health Surcharge, when I was making a payment online for HS, I was asked to provide my visa expiry date, when I entered my ILR expiry which had another 9 years, website calculated 9 years*200 = £1800 per person, totalling £3600 for my wife and kid which did not sound right. Spoke to UKBA helpline and did this as per their suggestion -
I made up a visa expiry date to a date which is three years from spouse visa expiry date, (spouse current visa expiry is 25/04/2016 - approximate date I've given is 25/04/2019 which doesn't exist) website then calculated correct health surcharge amount, so this worked.

Happy to answer any questions

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 Dependant of ILR Holder, Renewal - Success

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi Kiran, Thanks for sharing your experience.
It's really going to help me as well as other members of the group as family members of most of the Tier 2 main applicant join after few months or few years.

One question just came to my mind at this moment - When you extend Tier 2 G dependent visa, do they not ask you to enter the CoS number and sponsor number. What did you enter for that if required ?

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:26 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:Hi Kiran, Thanks for sharing your experience.
It's really going to help me as well as other members of the group as family members of most of the Tier 2 main applicant join after few months or few years.

One question just came to my mind at this moment - When you extend Tier 2 G dependent visa, do they not ask you to enter the CoS number and sponsor number. What did you enter for that if required ?
Regarding COS, the question asked as - What is the length of Main applicants COS?. What I filled in was the length of last COS I had before moving to ILR.
Regarding sponsor the question was - Has Main applicants sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? - I put 'No'
Hope this helps.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Regarding COS, the question asked as - What is the length of Main applicants COS?. What I filled in was the length of last COS I had before moving to ILR.
Regarding sponsor the question was - Has Main applicants sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? - I put 'No'
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply.
For 1st one, Suppose you entered 3 years for length of last COS. I presume that will make the dependent visa extended till 2019. am i understanding correctly ?

But Your Tier 2 visa is not valid till 2019 as you can't stay more than 6 years and already got ILR. It's not completely clear.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:31 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply.
For 1st one, Suppose you entered 3 years for length of last COS. I presume that will make the dependent visa extended till 2019. am i understanding correctly ?

But Your Tier 2 visa is not valid till 2019 as you can't stay more than 6 years and already got ILR. It's not completely clear.
for 1st point - yes length of cos was given as 3 years or less and visa was granted for another three years until 2019. Because I am on ILR already there is no need to have a valid cos in hand. Hope this is clear.

abhishekav

Post by abhishekav » Tue May 03, 2016 11:23 am

Hi Kran,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very useful for me.
I have got ILR and I need to extend my spouse and daughter's tier2 dependent visa.

1. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the maintenance fund for 90 days either in my account or my wife's account. My sponsor is ready to give the maintenance letter. Is that ok?

2.what answer we need to give for the below question in the on line dependent application form?

Are you currently a dependant of a points based migrant?

Thanks,
Abhishek.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:15 pm

abhishekav wrote:Hi Kran,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very useful for me.
I have got ILR and I need to extend my spouse and daughter's tier2 dependent visa.

1. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the maintenance fund for 90 days either in my account or my wife's account. My sponsor is ready to give the maintenance letter. Is that ok?

2.what answer we need to give for the below question in the on line dependent application form?

Are you currently a dependant of a points based migrant?

Thanks,
Abhishek.
From the rules I have gone through, YES, employer can certify the maintenance for your wife and daughter. You will also have the question like 'Is your employer ready to support' on the online application form

Also, i have answered 'Yes' to the question 'Are you currently a dependant of a points based migrant'

abhishekav

Post by abhishekav » Wed May 04, 2016 7:37 am

Hi Kiran,

Good Morning....

Thanks for your reply..

One more doubt. When I went through the point based dependent guidelines (in page no 14) they mentioned If the main applicant has indefinite leave then A-rated sponsor can't certify the maintenance. please see below note which I have copied from dependent guidelines,
(Evidence of certifying maintenance for family members of Tier 2 Migrants
76. If you are making your application at the same time as the Tier 2 Migrant, then A-rated
sponsors are able to certify your maintenance on the Tier 2 Migrant’s Certificate of Sponsorship
or by providing a letter. Your maintenance cannot be certified if your main applicant has indefinite
leave to remain.)

But in on line application form as you replied there is a question 'Is your employer ready to support'.

So the dependent guidelines and the application form look like bit contradictory to me, Could you please guide me?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Abhishek.

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:16 pm

abhishekav wrote:Hi Kiran,

Good Morning....

Thanks for your reply..

One more doubt. When I went through the point based dependent guidelines (in page no 14) they mentioned If the main applicant has indefinite leave then A-rated sponsor can't certify the maintenance. please see below note which I have copied from dependent guidelines,
(Evidence of certifying maintenance for family members of Tier 2 Migrants
76. If you are making your application at the same time as the Tier 2 Migrant, then A-rated
sponsors are able to certify your maintenance on the Tier 2 Migrant’s Certificate of Sponsorship
or by providing a letter. Your maintenance cannot be certified if your main applicant has indefinite
leave to remain.)

But in on line application form as you replied there is a question 'Is your employer ready to support'.

So the dependent guidelines and the application form look like bit contradictory to me, Could you please guide me?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Abhishek.

HI,

referirn to guidance -
60. If you apply at the same time as the main applicant, you are only required to provide evidence that you meet the maintenance requirement when the Tier 2 Migrant is also required to meet the maintenance requirement. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor.

this is what I was referring to in my earlier post. but what u posted from reference (pt 76) cannot be denied. the best thing I suggest is to call HO - 0300 123 2241 and detail them ur situation , see what they say, I find them very reliable.
sory I could no give a definite answer as my case was a bit different.